RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
That's kind of a tough call :roll: . I know that a coupple of years ago I made my own simply becasue I did'nt have the $$ to buy new, but had the time. They turned out real well and have progressed into the wingers that I now use and pplan to market in the new year. I think if you have some mechanical ability and access to some simple tools you can make some very nice wingers given that you have a plan.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Get in touch with Mike Bons, he has a system that uses the pouch and the latex tubing's elasticity to fire a primer off. Check your 2-way radios siganl and make sure that the headphone jack actually emits a positive signal when keyed because some actually emit a positive to negative when keyed and back to positive which would'nt work. Others are negative 7 volts and flip negative 4 when keyed and back to negative 7. You need to wire up the headphone plug and put a ohm meter on the wires and check them for signal. This 2 way radio deal works great as long as you can get the right radio's. I use 2 way radios on my launcher stands and Elsema based ekectronics for my wingers and it works great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts