RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this past Fathers Day I had to do something that I have been dreading for the past 15 and a half years. I didn't know about the hunt test games when I got Max. I bought him when I was in 5th grade, my dad and I trained him to be our gundog. Max was full time in the field until he was almost 14 (December Birthday). Max and I got a lot of my buddies into hunting, most of them now have their own pups after watching how much fun we had. I wish I would've kept track of how many retrieves he had throughout his career but I found an awesome way to honor him. Man's Best Friend Custom Calls put together this call for me. I sent him the image I wanted in the call and then he took some of Max's ashes and inlaid them into the band of the call. I two for myself and one for my dad, these calls honestly left me speechless. I have seen these calls in person before but it's completely different when it's your hunting partner that you have one made for. Brandon Knopf and the Iowa Hunting Products/Mans Best Friend team did an absolutely incredible job and I figured some other folks might appreciate his work. I am currently putting together a display case for the call and will have it sitting in my office alongside many pictures of us together.
Dog Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

Sleeve Font Vehicle Drinkware Sportswear

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I am so sorry about the loss of Max. He really sounds like the perfect 'Labrador Retriever' --- handsome, truly beloved family member, hunting partner, and memory maker.

That call is really incredible. I will be keeping that info handy.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sorry for your loss. He looks like my Max. I have a geriatric lab named Miley and I plan on making a working wood decoy that will have her ashes in it. She will go on a lot more hunts.

I just saw this on Facebook, where a guy sent his dads ashes to BOSS shot shells and were mixed in the bismuth. Not sure, if I would want that, but he will go out with a bang this season. Sorry for your loss, and hope you cherish great memories of Max.

Brown Wood Sleeve Rectangle Flooring

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am so sorry about the loss of Max. He really sounds like the perfect 'Labrador Retriever' --- handsome, truly beloved family member, hunting partner, and memory maker.

That call is really incredible. I will be keeping that info handy.
Thank you Tobias. He absolutely was that for me and my family.

If you have any questions about how to get ahold of them on the call don't be afraid to reach out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts