RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this should be posted under "Event Info".... Is there a place on RTF where people post reviews of dog friendly hotels?

Anyway, I'm running a test in West Thompson, CT and I was wondering if anyone had opinions/recommendations about the dog friendly hotels listed in the test premium (I'm leaning towards the Best Western or the Sturbridge Days Inn) Here's the info from the premium:
DOGS ALLOWED
The Kings Inn, Putnam CT 860 928 7961
Best Western, Auburn, MA 800 246 8357
Holiday Inn Express, Dayville, CT 860 779 3200
Sturbridge Days Inn, Sturbridge, MA 508 347 3391

Apparently, The Kings Inn is a **** hole (according to TripAdvisor). I *think* Holiday Inn Express charges extra $ for a large breed dog. I have a 13 month-old child and really don't want to stay in a dirty hotel with bed bugs. There should be a whole forum on RTF where we share info about dog friendly hotels because, in all seriousness, it is hard to find a clean, nice, affordable place that takes big dogs.... Even though our big dogs are usually more obedient than the yappy little beasts that women carry around in purses.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've only stayed at the Kings Inn once. It was fine and very close to test site but definitely not something I would rave about. However I have heard some horror stories about it from other dog people. There are a few other options in Auburn as well that you could look into.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have stayed at a couple of the Comfort Inns in the area. They were fine. Not sure if pet friendly though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts