RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I do not use Facebook. Years ago, I signed up and about 10 seconds after doing so, I received a reply
which read, "Hi! My name is David and I want to be your friend." :rolleyes:

It took me only a few minutes to figure out how to delete myself (the account) from Facebook.

About five years later, I was asked to join a group of retriever trainers that were located near me. It was
not very many days before, I had friends....many....like at least a hundred and I did not know any of them.
That was the end of being a Facebook....."friend".

Semi-Hermit, Regards Jim

·
Registered
10,363 Posts
My friend & I are on the Madison duck hunting. We hear them coming - 1,500 sheep -
accompanied by a herder & 2 Border collies - 1 9 YO, 1 9 MO - we put our dogs in
their crates - the sheep watered, we visited with the herder - Sheep then left wandering
about - they were about 1/4 mile away at the least - the herder said the pup's name -
pointed it in a direction - pup went out circling the band - when he got to where the band
was heading the herder whistled through his teeth - pup responded - the herder made a
motion with his left arm to sweep up the band, changing their direction - the pup responded
to the point of running over the tops of the flock - changed their direction - Herder states he
still needs to learn more & followed the band.

We got no ducks that day but had a once in a lifetime experience.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
During a field trial we had a cattle drive going up the east side of (I think it was the) Qual earlier this year. I think it was the Mission Valley RC trial, but it could have been Western Montana. I was shooting the flyer and had a good view. The FT dogs didn't seem to care. Had one going up the road in front of the house yesterday. There are some very talented stock dogs here in the valley as well as talented FT dogs. Methods are usually mixed with a combination of ATVs, dogs, and horseback cowboys. Fun and interesting to watch those dogs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts