RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
This was only 1 of the coldest spells we have gone thru in Texas. I remember coming home from the service in November of 83 on December 18th we have wave after wave of attic fronts. Dr. Ed do you remember that a lot of our lakes froze over , white rock lake had people walking on the ice !
The temperature was not above freezing for two weeks, I had my first diesel F 250 and had no idea diesel fuel congealed so it was almost useless. My partner and I decided to go duck hunting, backed the trailer down the ramp and it sat on the ice, when daylight came we could barely see open water on Lake Lewisville. DECEMBER 18, 1983 – THE 31st ANNIVERSARY OF THE HISTORICAL COLD SNAP

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
830968.jpg

White container to prevent fuel from gelling
Red if it is already gelled.
In northern states a winter blend is sold at the pump.

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
I found an even better solution after 30 years of diesel ownership, EcoBoost

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Sometime around 1988 Lake Proctor almost froze completely over. We went to our usual unimproved launch. It was frozen. It was early and still dark. I skipped a rock across the ice and it went on and on. We then moved to one of the park ramps. We launched ok but hit ice before we got out of the park (non hunting area). I told my partner I didn't think there was going to be any campers and boaters in this weather. We set up at the edge of the ice. We slaughtered widgeons. One of our excellent hunts there before the decline in the peanut farming in the area.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts