RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering who votes on the hrc officers pres. vice pres. ect. i don't remember ever voting on it. also how about the ec and field reps.are they in for life or what. the reason i ask is when it's time to select officers it's in the magazine who is running and later who won but no one i have talked to has ever voted

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
The way I understand it is. Once the candidates are announced each club discusses who they want to vote for. Each club president is a member of the EC and carries one vote. In the event the club president cannot make the annual meeting he can delegate a proxy vote. Region reps are appointed but running rules reps are voted on at the annual as well. Jim

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
The Club's official year shall begin at the conclusion of the annual meeting and shall continue through the next annual meeting.

The annual meeting shall be held in the month of ____________________, and bi-annually, officers and directors for the ensuing two years shall be elected from among those nominated. They shall take office immediately upon the conclusion of the meeting. All retiring officers shall turn over to their successor all properties and records relating to that office within the seven days immediately following the election. Notice of the new slate of officers must be provided to the HRC Administrative Secretary and UKC within 10 working days after the election.

Not less than 120 days preceding the day on which an election will be held, the Board shall elect a Nominating Committee consisting of three members and two alternates, not more than one of whom may be a member of the Board. The Committee shall immediately notify the nominees and alternates of their selection. The Board shall name a person to chair the committee, and it shall be his or her duty to call a committee meeting, which shall be held within 45 days.

(a) The committee shall nominate one candidate for each office and after securing the consent of the nominees, report their nominations to the Secretary in writing. In no case shall this notification be less than 60 days prior to the annual meeting date.

(b) Upon receipt of the Nominating Committee's report, the Secretary shall, at least 30 days prior to the annual meeting, notify each Club member in writing of the candidates nominated.

(c) Additional nominations may be made at the annual meeting by any member in good standing, provided that the person(s) so nominated does not decline when their name is proposed, and provided further that if the proposed candidate is not in attendance at this meeting, his or her proposer shall present to the Secretary a written statement from the proposed candidate, signifying his or her willingness to be a candidate.

(d) The candidate receiving the greatest number of votes for each office shall be declared elected.

Each member not delinquent per Article IV, SECTION A, shall be entitled to one vote at any meeting of the Club at which they are present. Family memberships are limited to two votes. Proxy and/or absentee ballot voting will not be permitted at any Club meeting, Board meeting, or election.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Pat,

On odd numbered years folks crazy enough to want to run for National office announce their name for one of the four positions that make up the Executive Committee, President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. Prior to the National Meeting in June each club should vote for each officer that they want. Each club President makes up HRC's Board of Directors. At National Meeting in June each club sends their President or have their club represented by another member of the BOD of that year and elections take place. In a perfect world, the President of each club goes to that meeting and votes as their club voted. So to make a long story slightly longer, the BOD elects the EC and votes on other matters as well.

As for Field Reps, they are appointed by the current President of HRC. Each serve at the will of the current President. The same goes for Public Relations Rep. They are appointed and serve at the will of the current President. Running Rule Reps are voted on within each region by the clubs of that region.

Janet

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
What Janet said!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yep, I agree with Janet said

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
What happens if a club doesn't send a representative to vote?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Shame on the club if they do not send someone or a proxy. The club and vote on who the proxy is and you let that proxy know as a club how to vote for your club. IF something comes up at the Nat meeting that you club did not vote on, your proxy would make the dicission for your club on how to vote.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
What about the last underlined para of my post above. From that, it appears no proxy votes.
Tom,

I think that just applies to individual club elections and meetings. I know for a fact proxy votes are allowed at the National BOD meeting.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Or you could be like us this year and send your proxy vote with the field rep (Thinking they should be allowed to carry our proxy) and have it not accepted because he was not on the board of directors.

Aaron Valentyn
River Valley HRC

·
Registered
695 Posts
Jeff,

At this past National Meeting 104 club, I believe, were represented by the Club President, another Elected BOD or Proxy. So approximately 30 clubs did not have their voice heard. If a club cannot afford to send their President to National meeting Jeff they have three options.

1. Send another member of the club that is going already with an Elected Board form.
2. Send another club President with their club proxy.
3. Do nothing.

The main thing is to send their vote(s) with someone that they have confidence will vote as the club voted on predetermined matters. That is critical.

Janet

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jeff,

At this past National Meeting 104 club, I believe, were represented by the Club President, another Elected BOD or Proxy. So approximately 30 clubs did not have their voice heard. If a club cannot afford to send their President to National meeting Jeff they have three options.

1. Send another member of the club that is going already with an Elected Board form.
2. Send another club President with their club proxy.
3. Do nothing.

The main thing is to send their vote(s) with someone that they have confidence will vote as the club voted on predetermined matters. That is critical.

Janet
Janet:

I believe you are also allowed to proxy with another clubs duly elected officer / BOD Member (Non President) as long as that clubs President is not at the meeting.

·
Registered
695 Posts
That is what I was trying to say with #2.

Janet

·
Registered
605 Posts
Interesting information. Is all of this on the HRC website somewhere.
Ah, no - pretty confident that's a "no". It's on the HRC CD sent to clubs.

...secret squirrel stuff and all that.... ;-)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Ah, no - pretty confident that's a "no". It's on the HRC CD sent to clubs.

...secret squirrel stuff and all that.... ;-)
Not exactly "secret" but it is a problem with the website and I will tell you what the problem is. The website has always been sort of behind the curve when it comes to the information that populated the content, and the reason being that the dynamic content was difficult to maintain due to the software that was used at the time to build it. As most who visit the website it is incredibly obvious that the website is not where it should be when it comes to everything about it ( look and feel, content, interactive, usability, etc.) As a member of the Tech Committee that was formed in the past year by the HRC Exec Committee to address that issue and others in an effort to bring HRC up to date with the use of current technology in the marketplace, and thereby improve the processes as an organization, I can assure everyone that we are working towards that goal. A huge obstacle is the limited funds available to support tech initiatives. If there are ideas that HRC Members have with regard to the content of the website please reach out to the Exec Committee and the Field Reps with suggestions. Unfortunately as well, many times because we do not have a mechanism in place to get more information out to the general membership, and explain things like what actually goes on at the National Meeting folks think that there is some kind of conspiracy or some such nonsense ( no offense Phil, I promise ). Another issue is that with any organization change is sometimes uncomfortable for those who feel like they are being left behind, and struggle goes on to resist what they either don't understand or can't control as they may very well once had. Let's hope that we get the website updated sooner rather then later!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts