RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this one is on the forum but I cannot find it here or in the rulebook.

How many dogs need to be entered in each stake to make them official so the winning dogs can win points?

Open?
Am?
Q?
Derby?

Thanks.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Tracy,

The number for derby is 10 to qualify for Purina points.

Not sure the number ever comes up in Open and Am.

No pointa for Q, so not sure number matters, although I guess 10 would be good for that.

Tidewater would be a good chance for your young one jn derby. I have a feeling that it will be close.

Doug

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
In all-age stakes there must be at least 12 starters that are qualified for a Limited all-age stake or better for the points to count.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Doug and Doug...lol.

I was looking at the Tidewater entries and started wondering if there will be enough entries. I think Nike is ready for the land part of derbies but we just don't have access to good water for the proper training for water concepts. We may give it a try and hope for the best.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Glad this post came up. I was wondering the same thing this week. To further add to the question is.... If say 11 dogs are entered and you arrive at FT then 2 dogs have scratched leaving 9 to run, does this still count???

For those folks who travel long distance this could be a problem. I couldn't find an answer for this instance. Thanks!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Glad this post came up. I was wondering the same thing this week. To further add to the question is.... If say 11 dogs are entered and you arrive at FT then 2 dogs have scratched leaving 9 to run, does this still count???

For those folks who travel long distance this could be a problem. I couldn't find an answer for this instance. Thanks!
For a Derby, to earn Purina points, 10 qualified dogs must start the stake. In your example, no points for a 9 dog derby.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Come on, Tracy. You understate how good your dogs are. Three more hours to enter : )

I just saw you entered. Excellent. See you there.

Steve, you also understand how chicken I am to try something new!

G

·
For a Derby, to earn Purina points, 10 qualified dogs must start the stake. In your example, no points for a 9 dog derby.
The whole RFTN/Purina thing has turned the Derby into a bunch of garbage. The dog earns points when placing in the Derby whether there are 4 dogs running or 40 according to the AKC. Why clubs are canceling Derbies when there are less than 10 dogs, unless it is a monetary thing of course, should be questioned.

How many folks in the country are chasing points for the high point title vs just wanting to run their young dog? Thanks to the establishments for taking away one of our field trial stakes.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The whole RFTN/Purina thing has turned the Derby into a bunch of garbage. The dog earns points when placing in the Derby whether there are 4 dogs running or 40 according to the AKC. Why clubs are canceling Derbies when there are less than 10 dogs, unless it is a monetary thing of course, should be questioned.

How many folks in the country are chasing points for the high point title vs just wanting to run their young dog? Thanks to the establishments for taking away one of our field trial stakes.
IMO There are very few that are just wanting to run their young dog.

The vast majority are trying to get the dog on the "derby list".

The vast majority are only running their dog in a trial situation if the points are going to count for the "derby list".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts