RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you that like to run derbies try and buy pups born in certain months or as some say with good derby birthdays? Yes I know the goal is an AA dog and some people don't care about derbies.

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Why do I click on these threads?

No birthday would make no difference to me. But all I have is a high comment count, so take it with a grain of salt. It's easy finding great breedings, so why not limit yourself to a couple three months of the year to buy a pup?

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
High post count here but I think he thinks he is going to breed the next NDC.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Why do I click on these threads?

No birthday would make no difference to me. But all I have is a high comment count, so take it with a grain of salt. It's easy finding great breedings, so why not limit yourself to a couple three months of the year to buy a pup?
You enjoy train wrecks?????;)

·
Registered
890 Posts
I don't have a high post count but been around since the old RTF. I read a lot more than I post. To answer the question, I could care less about the dog's birthday. That's only important if you're chasing Derby points.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Birthday not a big deal in the grand scheme of things...but if you want the most chances it does help to time things so he is ready to run for ost of a full season.

For example in Wisconsin we basically have trials from end of April to October locally - so late October bday would be good for derbies. I have never bought a dog because of derby bday though! If you are seeking derby points or are willing to travel more it makes less of a difference.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
No he's bored and trying to where out his welcome... :cool:

Angie
Wear, here ? ;)

January is a bad derby B'day around here..... We did not get into the water till two weeks ago and the Derby's start in two weeks.

john

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
G

·
I am sorry my friends. I really have been trying my best. But at some point you do just need to come out and say it. Eh em. Fowl, back away from the keyboard you freak!

Whew, I feel better. Hope you all do, too.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I do have my next derby dogs name
My life is miserable and sucks. Call name Mel or maybe foster
Or reg name hitting the booze.( I can't take credit for this one though)

·
Registered
834 Posts
Fowl Hunter, Did you get beat up a lot in school?? You're so chatty I thought that was you in your Old "Avatar"..... I know better but just sayin???

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I am sorry my friends. I really have been trying my best. But at some point you do just need to come out and say it. Eh em. Fowl, back away from the keyboard you freak!

Whew, I feel better. Hope you all do, too.
You called it, "fun".....

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Id like to try derbies!!!!

My birthday is March three!!

Iss that a good birthday???

I's a Picisis

What do you get fer a prize if Ya run derby and have a good birthday??

man,, you uppppity yuppity FT guys with this Dow jones numbers stuff,, and special prizes fer
birthdays!!

I am really curious!!

Gooser

Gooser

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.