Votes: 0 0.0%
  • when he/she needs one

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering how often you give your labs a bath becaues a book i read told me not to give them a bath more than like 3 times a year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I do it on on as needed basis. Some of the water we are in can be foul so I like to bathe them after that. I also show my dogs in obedience and agility and like them to look nice for the shows. Sometimes after one of our West Texas dust storms as they look more like chocolate than black. It just depends. Sometimes as frequently as once a week and others only every couple months.

·
Registered
20 Posts
bath? that's what water retrieves are for

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Where is ?never? on that list?

My dog Max is almost 3 years. He has never had a bath.

Now I expect if he rooted in some real foul rotten thing in winter or got sprayed by a skunk any time of year he would get one, but barring those extreme situations Max will only see water while retrieving or on a rainy day.

I doubt I will ever give him a bath.

Joe Miano

·
Registered
37 Posts
My response is as needed, but not very often.

I think it was someone on here who when it was time for a bath they went to a pond with relatively clean water threw a bumper in to get the dog wet. When the dog returned they soaped it up then threw another bumper for the "rinse" cycle. Pretty ingenious if you ask me and a heck of a lot more fun for the dog.

JET

·
Registered
813 Posts
NEVER

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Every time I run water marks or blinds! :D

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
When i had a pool, they never got bathed.... they also never shedded, had fleas, or ticks. I thought i had the only labs in the world that didn't shed.

Since i moved, they shed and have needed a shower a couple times. Sucks.

I think all dogs should swim daily in cholronated water.

Shayne

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Hey! How about equal opportunity here?!? I didn't see Lab OR Golden!!
My answer is never. In 10 1/2 years she was bathed once to de-skunk her. Swimming & rolling in snow are as close as she comes to bathing.
M

B

·
0 Posts
never....kinda. my dog sits in the shower while i clean up then i soap him up and rinse him off. thats the only way to get the wonderful farm smells out before he jumps in my bed. :D

S

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't consider hosing as bathing.....I just hose her down get all that marsh muck off...and a little murphy's oil soap when the stink is REAL bad

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Briezy had a bath shortly after she had her puppies - she was kind of nasty with birth goop. But she is 4 years old and she has had maybe 3 or 4 baths in her life.

Andy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Guys- Don't your wives complain of the dog odor?? Jersey get's a bath often. She is six months old and has had a bath at least every 2 weeks. Let's see what Len says. haha :lol:
But Jersey is in the house all the time so we like to keep her clean.

Layla

1 - 20 of 20 Posts