RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

How often do you wash your dogs dish?

• do you wash your dogs food and water dish after every feeding?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every couple days?

• once a week?

• my dog washes it's own dish just fine.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
After every use, if rinsing and wiping with a paper towel qualifies as "washing".
JS

·
Registered
423 Posts
wash dish

I feed dry chunks, so the food dish pretty much takes care of itself, but I do swish out her water dishes inside and outside to make sure there is no establishment of the slimy green stuff.

·
Registered
35 Posts
They go in the dish washee every night. From the looks of the other posts, I must be anal..... but how hard is it to stick them in the dish washer? :roll:

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Chad H said:
..... but how hard is it to stick them in the dish washer? :roll:
Impossible if you do not have a dishwasher!! :wink: Sorry, I couldn't resist! :D

Andy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Andy Carlson said:
Chad H said:
..... but how hard is it to stick them in the dish washer? :roll:
Impossible if you do not have a dishwasher!! :wink: Sorry, I couldn't resist! :D

Andy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dude you are killin' me!

I would suggest the following link, especially if good ole ELBOW GREESE and the 1.5 minutes it takes to wash a bowl well, won't work. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.homedepot.com

If you click on appliances, you can get one for $149. :wink: :wink:

Good luck, and good washing! :lol:

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
You would not belive how clean the dish is when Ace gets done with dinner. It takes him about 5 minutes to finish dinner, then about another 10 to get tired of licking his bowl. I wash it once in awhile but honestly, I use one of those stainless steel ones and it shines!

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Dude you are killin' me!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
924 Posts
rip said:
how could anyone eat out of the same plate for a week without washing it?
When I saw Phideaux licking his own azz, I figured a sparkling dinner bowl is not high on his priority list... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Chad H said:
They go in the dish washee every night. From the looks of the other posts, I must be anal..... but how hard is it to stick them in the dish washer? :roll:
I realize my dish washer has blessed with 2 lovely daughters but I don't think the dog bowl will fit.

dixiedawg said:
When I saw Phideaux licking his own azz, I figured a sparkling dinner bowl is not high on his priority list...
Excellent point !

Dubaya

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I don't wash the FEED bowl that often (dog gets only dry food with added oil)and he licks it clean at every meal, but the WATER bowl I keep it VERY clean. My reasoning is bacteria have a much easier time in a wet environment.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Does banging it upside down on the concrete to knock out any bugs, dust, or whatever count?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
achiro said:
Does banging it upside down on the concrete to knock out any bugs, dust, or whatever count?
Only if it's maggots. :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
What about "other." The baby slugs from the garden *wash* out the dog's dish.

Rig

Yecch will someone please wash my dog dish?

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
I feed mine in the stable and while I don't wash them after every meal, I always pick them up when the dogs are through and stick them in the feed can so vermin and flies don't crawl all over them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Losthwy said:
I don't wash the FEED bowl that often (dog gets only dry food with added oil)and he licks it clean at every meal, but the WATER bowl I keep it VERY clean. My reasoning is bacteria have a much easier time in a wet environment.
Don't you think saliva + (dry food residue + oil residue) = bacteria, as well? Personally, I think that would be a MUCH more potent environment for bacteria growth than water (especially if it is tap water, which is treated, and the bucket is exposed to sunlight most of the day.)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts