RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. You are against abortion, but support capital punishment.
2.You believe all science is hogwash.
3. You believe Dick Cheney is a nice guy.
4. You believe Carl Rove has principles.
5. You believe GW will be remembered as one of our greatest presidents.
6. You believe anyone who opposes the war in Iraq hates the troops.
7. You believe Fox News has balanced and fair reporting.
8. You believe anyone who tries to tell the truth in government or the military should be fired.
9. Outing a CIA operative is OK.
10. Rush Limbaugh never bought illegal drugs.
11. Everything in the bible is the absolute and literal truth, except the word wine which of course means grape juice.
12. You believe "Mission Accomplished".

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
troll

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I once heard an Independant defined as "Someone that can't make up their damned mind."

Jerry

·
Registered
2,112 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
yep, a troll........ :roll:

·
Registered
419 Posts
How is this trolling if the "How to be a good Democrat" thread isn't? Although I will admit, that one is better written....

All y'all (on both sides)just post that stuff to stir up trouble and get people going, and you know it! Don't be sitting there trying to look sincere and innocent....

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
hhlabradors said:
How is this trolling if the "How to be a good Democrat" thread isn't? Although I will admit, that one is better written....

All y'all (on both sides)just post that stuff to stir up trouble and get people going, and you know it! Don't be sitting there trying to look sincere and innocent....
cause the other one was funny in addition to being true, neither of which this thread is 8)

·
Registered
419 Posts
badbullgator said:
hhlabradors said:

cause the other one was funny in addition to being true, neither of which this thread is 8)

Ahhh. OK. LOL

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
13. You have to believe that the constitutional rights are a pre 9-11 convenience.
14. You have to believe that limosine liberals are more out of touch than private jet conservatives.
15. You have to believe that Ann Coulter is really a woman and that Bill O'Reilly is really just a regular guy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
badbullgator said:
Ho, ho, ho. :wink:
One man's floor is another man's ceiling.- Paul Simon

·
Registered
127 Posts
Let's go down the list.

1. Yep conservative view point (mostly), of course the liberal view point is you believe in abortion as a constitutional right a any stage for any reason and are against the death penalty for any reason.

- let's see one says killing innocent babies is bad and killing killers is good, the other says killing innocent babies good and killing killers bad HMMMM

2. I don't think any one on either side of the aisle believes all science is hogwash. If you a speaking specifically of the Church er I mean "science" of global warming - yeah it is pretty much viewed as BS by most conservatives.

3. I have met Dick Cheney (spent most of a day with him in Ames, Iowa during the 2000 election) - he is one hell of a nice guy.

4. Carl probably does have principles one of them is winning which he does quite well. As far as his moral compass goes I have no idea, like most in politics.

5. I remeber in '85 and '86 the same was said for conservatives and RR. Now look how history has regards RR, time will tell on Bush. One thing for sure he won't be regarded as the most conservative.

6. The truth in those who oppose the war hating the troops is self evident. If you want pictures I have them.

7. I think of all the major networks Fox has the most coverage from both sides of the aisle. The have more liberal hosts and guests than the major 3 metworks have conservative viewpoints represented.

8. I think anyone who disobeys legal orders should be shot for treason not fired.

9. What CIA operative are you referring to? Valarie Plame was a desk agent not an active NOC. If you disagree you must want Richard Amitrage brought up on charges as he leaked her name not Libby. He even is on record as such.

10. from what I understand Rush did not buy illegal drugs, he bought legal drugs illegally (if you are going to cast dispersions cast them correctly).

11. Nope I am a catholic conservative, I believe the wine and blood parts.

12. Mission was accomplished - the mission given to that carrier group was accomplishe with distiction.

13. Nope just think constitutional rights do not extend to foriegners and illegal combatents they are for American citizens not trying to harm the US.

14. Ooo the conservatives are rich argument. Come back when you have something better (first compare the list of millionaire democrats in office with millionaire repubs.

15. That is pretty funny. Not sure what the O'Reilly comment refers to.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
BenQuick said:
1. You are against abortion, but support capital punishment.
2.You believe all science is hogwash.
3. You believe Dick Cheney is a nice guy.
4. You believe Carl Rove has principles.
5. You believe GW will be remembered as one of our greatest presidents.
6. You believe anyone who opposes the war in Iraq hates the troops.
7. You believe Fox News has balanced and fair reporting.
8. You believe anyone who tries to tell the truth in government or the military should be fired.
9. Outing a CIA operative is OK.
10. Rush Limbaugh never bought illegal drugs.
11. Everything in the bible is the absolute and literal truth, except the word wine which of course means grape juice.
12. You believe "Mission Accomplished".

Actually that is mindless Liberal Democrat rhetoric just like the “How to be a good Democrat” is mindless Right wing Republican rhetoric. Only purpose for crap like this is to excite or illicit a negative response….nothing productive. How about if you are to freaking stupid to discern the truth from the lies for yourself maybe you shouldn’t be allowed to vote in the next election.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Ten things that undermine our democracy, good manners, our economy, and the fabric of our lives:

• 1. Believing that good intentions justify despicable behavior and that the golden rule doesn’t apply when you’re right and they’re wrong.
    2. Believing that our forefathers intended the U.S. to be a Christian country (Two of our first three presidents – Adams, a Unitarian, and Jefferson, who never joined a church but claimed Unitarian beliefs, did not believe in the divinity of Christ).
    3. Demonizing those with whom you disagree including calling them crazy, traitors, liberals, commies, fascists, etc.
    4. Asserting faith as fact and attempting to reduce science to opinion
    5. Failing to question authority
    6. Failing to question your own beliefs as aggressively as you question others.
    7. Believing that we can save our freedoms by curtailing them
    8. Believing that those who question the policies that you support are unpatriotic
    9. Believing that it’s OK to make up your mind without analysis and without regard to evidence
    10. Forgetting that Jesus was a wild-eyed, middle-eastern liberal who did everything he could to undermine the stability of the established religious and political authorities of his time.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
YardleyLabs said:
Ten things that undermine our democracy, good manners, our economy, and the fabric of our lives:

• 1. Believing that good intentions justify despicable behavior and that the golden rule doesn’t apply when you’re right and they’re wrong.
    2. Believing that our forefathers intended the U.S. to be a Christian country (Two of our first three presidents – Adams, a Unitarian, and Jefferson, who never joined a church but claimed Unitarian beliefs, did not believe in the divinity of Christ).
    3. Demonizing those with whom you disagree including calling them crazy, traitors, liberals, commies, fascists, etc.
    4. Asserting faith as fact and attempting to reduce science to opinion
    5. Failing to question authority
    6. Failing to question your own beliefs as aggressively as you question others.
    7. Believing that we can save our freedoms by curtailing them
    8. Believing that those who question the policies that you support are unpatriotic
    9. Believing that it’s OK to make up your mind without analysis and without regard to evidence
    10. Forgetting that Jesus was a wild-eyed, middle-eastern liberal who did everything he could to undermine the stability of the established religious and political authorities of his time.
I had decided to stay out of these "discussions" but just couldn't ignore this one...That is the biggest bunch of crap I've read on here in a long time. OH, and yes, this is as much energy as I am going to put into my response. :roll:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Patrick Johndrow said:
Actually that is mindless Liberal Democrat rhetoric just like the “How to be a good Democrat” is mindless Right wing Republican rhetoric.
I have to agree with you.

Well Patrick gets it. Both posts have the same merit or lack of depending on your point of view. This week it was how to be a Democrat, few days ago it was bashing Al Gore, so on. We have all seen the right bashing the left posts, the harr harrs the "Dummycrat" comments. But when it is turned around and the Republicans are the butt of a joke. OH BOY THAT'S DIFFERENT! Don't do what we just did. Break out the flamethrowers, let the name calling begin and the mud sling. Don't dare satire the right, that's our sacred cow.

·
Registered
813 Posts
As far as John Adams and Christianity goes....

“We recognize no Sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus!”
[April 18, 1775, on the eve of the Revolutionary War after a British major ordered John Adams, John Hancock, and those with them to disperse in “the name of George the Sovereign King of England." ]

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
Those of you old enough to remember Barry Goldwater will remember him as the best CONSERVATIVE of our time. Other than Rush Limbaugh, the Great I Am, there are no other real Conservatives, but there are a lot of Pseudo Conservatives, like O'Reilly because there is major money to be made. The R's & The D's are interchangable, their only philosophy is elect me. A true conservative believes in limited government, which means LOW TAXES, & staying out of peoples lives, which covers a lot of areas where BOTH party's are intruding.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts