RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone in the Capital District area would be interested in joining an HRC club. A few of us are considering starting a club and are wondering if there is any interest?
Here is a link to the HRC Website for an explanation of what its all about.
http://www.hrc-ukc.com/

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I know alot of folks would love to see a HRC club form in upstate NY. There is one on LI and I am sure folks from Yankee and the rest of the northeast would support it. You would also probably draw a crowd from Ontario,Pa,Md. and even Ohio

·
Registered
412 Posts
That's great Kevin! I'd be interested.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It would be great to see a club in upper NY. That means one more test us Ontario people can attend during the summer!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I would love to see another club start up. Yankee's test is next weekend in Woodstock, CT. Come on down run the test, meet some of the HRC family, talk to the area rep. Don White (he will be there on Sun.) I know you will get support from Yankee.

Wayne

·
Registered
89 Posts
There are several of us in the Syracuse /Figer Lakes area interested and have talked about it. But we just didn't think we had enough people interested or financial strength to pull it off. If you move forward let me know, and we can work on pulling support together from upstate NY. You can reach me at [email protected].

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would love to see another club start up. Yankee's test is next weekend in Woodstock, CT. Come on down run the test, meet some of the HRC family, talk to the area rep. Don White (he will be there on Sun.) I know you will get support from Yankee.

Wayne
Wayne ,We are running in started and seasoned on Sunday.We will look you guys up.

·
Registered
8,352 Posts
I miss the Capital District! I recently reconnected with Dr. Jim Smith when he was passing through Southern IL. Dr. Jim was one of the folks that used to run our NAHRA test with the WIA at Carter Pond WMA in Saratoga County years ago.

Those were some fun times. I miss the Hudson Valley!

Names like Saratoga and Capital District make me "homesick".

Chris

·
Registered
89 Posts
I miss the Capital District! I recently reconnected with Dr. Jim Smith when he was passing through Southern IL. Dr. Jim was one of the folks that used to run our NAHRA test with the WIA at Carter Pond WMA in Saratoga County years ago.

Those were some fun times. I miss the Hudson Valley!

Names like Saratoga and Capital District make me "homesick".

Chris
Chris, Usually a trip to upstate NY in January or February cures a case of homesickness!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Don White is the Field Rep for Region 2, he would be more then happy to help you get this up and going. If not give me a buzz, I maybe in Region 14 across the country but I knows "Peeps" ;-)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Say if you are going to be at Yankee Waterfowlers test, Don White will be there. You can get things started this coming weekend and be holding your prelim test by the fall or in the spring..I'll be working in started and can get you guys together at the tailgate on Sat. night. ... Jim

·
Registered
8,352 Posts
Chris, Usually a trip to upstate NY in January or February cures a case of homesickness!

Mark, My first couple years out of school when I lived in Charlotte (Rochester) right off the Gennessee River, I remember saying I could not afford a snow blower. Then I moved to the Lake George/Queensbury area. I said the "can't afford" thing one more winter. As I recall, I was using the snow shovel about 5 times a week.

The following year, I could "not afford not" to get a snowblower!

Here in the flatlands, I've lifted a snowshovel a total of 4 times in 2 winters. But, my tipups and Jiffy Auger have only been used 3 out of 10 winters here. Trade-offs. There are always trade-offs.

Good luck! Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts