RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to all this hunt test and field trials. Can you run a dog that is only AKC registered in and HRC test?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
yes, but registering them with the UKC is easy and makes the secretary's job much much easier.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes, BUT
You can run them in the event but the points will not count towards an HRC title unless registered with the UKC, they give you a set period after running to get the UKC registration to apply the points. After that time you have just run for the fun/experience.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Make sure you get what the UKC calls the pink slip from your judges if you pass the test. If you want your passes to count toward a UKC title, the UKC requires you to register your dog with the UKC within 60 days after you pass your first test or the pass doesn't count. (Unless you pay a $50 fee and also pay the fees for registering the dog.)

One of my AKC registered dogs ran UKC without being registered with UKC. I then sent his pass slips when I registered him with UKC within 60 days and he got his title. BUT I lost a pass/pink slip for one of my other non-UKC registered dogs and when I did register her with UKC, her pass didn't count because I lost the slip. So remember to get the points receipt/pink slip from your judges and keep it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts