RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hurray, Hurray Hurray.....I cannot wait! Lighter later gives me the chance to still walk my dogs when I get home from work (after my 1 hour commute!). We can get out of the muddy yard and into the fields for a free running and romping time! I can live without the hour of sleep for more exercise and daylight!

My only complaint is, I wish we would switch and NOT switch back in the fall. During the winter it doesn't make any sense since the days are so short you get no daylight anyway!

However.....I can't wait...bring on the Daylight, we don't get enough sunlight in Rochester ([email protected] Gr. lakes) anyhow...this will help!

No more hybernation regards,
Earlene

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Hurray, Hurray Hurray.....I cannot wait! Lighter later gives me the chance to still walk my dogs when I get home from work (after my 1 hour commute!). We can get out of the muddy yard and into the fields for a free running and romping time! I can live without the hour of sleep for more exercise and daylight!

My only complaint is, I wish we would switch and NOT switch back in the fall. During the winter it doesn't make any sense since the days are so short you get no daylight anyway!

However.....I can't wait...bring on the Daylight, we don't get enough sunlight in Rochester ([email protected] Gr. lakes) anyhow...this will help!

No more hybernation regards,
Earlene
I agree... I can't wait either. Also agree with not liking the switch in the fall.

·
Registered
9,413 Posts
Gooser thinks this is the dumbest thing we do as a society!!

I mean really folks,, we just change the hands on the clock!!:confused:

The sun aint no different!!

Gooser

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I too am glad it's here.

I also would vote to have it LEFT this way.

The economy benefits from later sun sets, much more so than earlier sunrises.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I'm with MG on this one.... artificially manipulating the clock twice a year has nothing to do with the length of the day and totally screws up my relationship with those in non-DST states.

·
Registered
8,645 Posts
Boo! Hiss! I like my mornings light!

·
Registered
377 Posts
The sun ain't no diff'rt.

This is true enough and reminds me of a science homework assignment we were given in HS. It was to go outside on the weekend several times during the day and look at where the sun was, and record your observation...the entire class wrote that the sun moved. Actually though we know the house moved and ever'one got it wrong. Ever'thin' is "relative".

Some hate it. :confused:

The place I work changes the hands on their clocks tho'. That's what makes it significant to me. I get to go home and work with the dawg with an xtra hour of sunlight as a gift from work :cool:

If you don't have a full time job it prolly doesn't matter to ya...iffen ya do tho' it matters.

·
Registered
9,413 Posts
Carol...
yer mornings and evening have the same amout of light....

Just set yer clock hands for one time zone east of you year round..

I live in Colorado.... If I just set my clocks fer Chicago time,,,, I is good!!

Your just lyin to youself with an appliance as to the position of the sun...

Gooser

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
It's great!!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you work a regular "early AM-PM" job, then you can't help but love it. I suspect that those who do not love it, train "before" going to their jobs.

I agree with MG that the "sun don't change" that is true enough... but my employer plays by the time change rules, thus I am compelled to also!

Therefore.......Hurray! DS.......BRING IT ON!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Of course the sun isn't up any longer but the time required to be at work is the same! :(

Off @ 5:00p.m. during DST and I still have a few hours of daylight left when I get home. :cool:
Off @ 5:00p.m. during the Fall once DST ends and it's dark when I get home. :mad:

Hence the reason it's better for the economy.

Folks are more likely to do outdoor activities/dine out/park time/exercise and such when it's daylight still.
They're not likely to do those same activities BEFORE they go to work in the winter when the sun is up earlier. I mean who cuts their grass before work? :p :lol:

/

·
Registered
658 Posts
I think one of the main reasons they change the time in the winter is the fact that school kids end up waiting for their buses in the dark with out the change. And more get hit and injured.

Not sure if that is true or an urban legend but seems logical to me.

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Gooser thinks this is the dumbest thing we do as a society!!

I mean really folks,, we just change the hands on the clock!!:confused:

The sun aint no different!!

Gooser
The sun doesn't change but the relationship between work and sun does. I think it should always be daylight savings time.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Earlene,

I am with you all the way on this one. Not going to get into the debate of keep it/drop it.

Just GLAD that it's here and we'll be back to getting the regular training group together after work!!!!!

·
Registered
9,413 Posts

Quote:

The sun doesn't change but the relationship between work and sun does.

Its on the otherside a the planet fer me!!
Always in the dark regards:

Gooser

·
Registered
658 Posts
As a friend of my says: it's Daylight Training Time!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I go to work in the dark most days of the year.... So it is nice to have the daylight time shifted to allow me train a dog in the evenings longer.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I hate setting my alarm for 2:00 a.m. to change me clock.;-)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts