RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago, before Katrina, an RTF lurker who was a Shrimper down south in the Gulf contacted me and we arraigned a barter of product. I of course did not save the name or address. Well the time of year is approaching fast. I will have my product again soon. If you are still lurking and still shrimping send me a P.M. please.
Ken Bora
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,019 Posts
Surprises me that a shrimper would know what to do with your product. This being sugar country, if it ain't cane, it ain't syrup. (Nasty as our local product might be.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rick Hall said:
Surprises me that a shrimper would know what to do with your product. This being sugar country, if it ain't cane, it ain't syrup. (Nasty as our local product might be.)
Vermont is close enough to the Maine cost that I can buy fresh shrimp all the time. But the North Atlantic Shrimps are different than the Gulf Shrimps. The guy could buy cane syrup at the local market all the time but it is different than maple syrup. It was a great trade. He sent a foam box with dry ice and fresh HUGE brownish shrimps and threw in a dozen soft shells as a bonus. I send a few jars of syrup fresh from the tree. We were both happy. I hope he is still with us and was not wiped out by the storm. I got the feeling he was a one guy, one boat operation.
Ken Bora
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,426 Posts
At first I thought this post belonged in a Dating Forum. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,019 Posts
Ken Bora said:
Rick Hall said:
Surprises me that a shrimper would know what to do with your product. This being sugar country, if it ain't cane, it ain't syrup. (Nasty as our local product might be.)
Vermont is close enough to the Maine cost that I can buy fresh shrimp all the time. But the North Atlantic Shrimps are different than the Gulf Shrimps. The guy could buy cane syrup at the local market all the time but it is different than maple syrup. It was a great trade. He sent a foam box with dry ice and fresh HUGE brownish shrimps and threw in a dozen soft shells as a bonus. I send a few jars of syrup fresh from the tree. We were both happy. I hope he is still with us and was not wiped out by the storm. I got the feeling he was a one guy, one boat operation.
Ken Bora
Eating all those Louisiana shrimp"s" has you sounding like a local boy. Perhaps your man is out hunting dem Spring teals.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,426 Posts
That was invented in the Montpelier area I believe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,068 Posts
Ken,
Not a shimper but know several people who trawl for the meat not for the money. When the season comes around maybe we can work something out. I love good syrup, cane or maple.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,199 Posts
What a deal. Ken's syrup is scrum-delicious. Wish I was a shrimper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,512 Posts
Cleo Watson said:
What a deal. Ken's syrup is scrum-delicious. Wish I was a shrimper.
Maybe Miss Cleo you can talk Ken in to donating some for the raffle and the National Meeting in June 8) I would be happy to bring it with me if you like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,199 Posts
How about it Ken? I'll give a great testimonial to your abilities as a great maple syrup man.

Better yet, come on down for some good old Southern hospitality and lots of FUN. That's the first week end in June in Memphis, TN.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Margo Ellis said:
Maybe Miss Cleo you can talk Ken in to donating some for the raffle and the National Meeting in June 8) I would be happy to bring it with me if you like.
Oh I guess so, what am I donating to exactly anyway?
Cleo Watson said:
Better yet, come on down for some good old Southern hospitality and lots of FUN. That's the first week end in June in Memphis, TN.
ya just cant play all the games. Not enough weekends in a summer or cash in the pocket. I chose not to play that game, but do enjoy helping out when my clubs hrc sub-group holds a "Hunt".
kjrice said:
shrimping = toe nibbler
Cleo Watson said:
Wish I was a shrimper.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
rboudet said:
Ken,
Not a shimper but know several people who trawl for the meat not for the money. When the season comes around maybe we can work something out. I love good syrup, cane or maple.
When is the season BTW?
Ken Bora
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,146 Posts
rboudet said:
Ken,
Not a shimper but know several people who trawl for the meat not for the money. When the season comes around maybe we can work something out. I love good syrup, cane or maple.
Tell him to turn off the maple tap, maybe a dozen boudain"s" or a bushel of crawfish would get you bottled nectar of the gods
http://www.goldeneaglesyrup.com/

MG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
649 Posts
Ken Bora said:
Margo Ellis said:
Maybe Miss Cleo you can talk Ken in to donating some for the raffle and the National Meeting in June 8) I would be happy to bring it with me if you like.
Oh I guess so, what am I donating to exactly anyway?

The HRC National Meeting.

Miss Cleo is big into that, don't ya know.


Hope she's feeling well enough to make the trip regards,
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top