RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much fun a new retriever puppy is and how much they add to your life. I adore my shorties and Weezies puppy is a wonderful little guy and a great playmate to Gibbs. Retrievers--are different. Such big dreams we all have for our new little pups. This puppy I'm doing things different, I'm enjoying each day, finding balance in play and lessons and not putting any timeline or expectations on Gibbs. Yesterday we played in the pond, no shallow stuff, 20' deep. He made his first swim. Today he made even bigger leaps and bounds. Here is my almost 11.5 week old golden Gibbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4moIBLTMbpU

gonna keep him
and
pretty sure he won't be wearing bandannas. :D

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
I love it Nancy! You had your video sideways as did I when learning to film with my phone, but the essence is there! I was the same way with my Chief pup, I really took time to enjoy his puppyhood. He can be a royal PIA sometimes, but I don't sweat the small stuff anymore. As deeply and hugely as I love Indy, Scout and this pup keep me always smiling.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
They really ARE fun.

Glad you are enjoying it.

MICHAEL BAKER

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
That's cool Nancy! I really felt your excitement! So gratifying to get a good water retrieve at 11.5 weeks.

I was thrilled last week just to get a full on swim with our 11.5 week old Stanley pup, Flyer. It's always most exciting when you aren't expecting it. Took her and my 2 yr old Golden on a river side trail after a week of heavy rain. Came upon a deep rain "puddle" that was warmed by the days sun. Buck ran in and the baby charged in after. She got to almost swim level, looked hard at me and I just shrugged and didn't say a word. She kept going deeper and swam to get Buck! I did a happy dance and we all got out of the pool. I decided to a throw a stick in for Buck to see if she'd do it again. Sure enough, we had a swimmer. Such a relief. It took Buck (my show line golden) months to creep through water. He loves it now, but man was it a struggle! So cool to have a baby already doin it!!!!

Congrats!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
congratulations on the new pupper! Great vid!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Nice Puppy, hope it can handle the other pups in your homestead!! :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Puppies are so fun. They are good for our souls!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Nice pup and good video, Nancy! ...........But, If I get near him, he WILL wear a bandana! ;) It's a MUST! :)

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gibbs at 6 months old--

Love this pup! He is talented, naughty, sweet and enjoying life.

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed Mammal Dog Vertebrate Canidae Carnivore Wildlife Grassland Canidae Safari Ecoregion

This weekend we were lucky enough to spend our time with Gibbs' dad and mom--Jake and Lucy--and of course their humans!!! Had a great time and look forward to spending more time with this wonderful family. Not to mention all the great training help we got!!

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
He's a very handsome boy! But, where is his bandana? I can send him a camo one for the specialty... :D

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Susan--I forgot to tell you the new trick I taught Gibblet. If he sees a bandana he will hike his leg on it! Its my new party trick!!! I'm saving it for really special folks. :)

beware of chicks handing out free bandanas regards,

·
Registered
12,599 Posts
Susan--I forgot to tell you the new trick I taught Gibblet. If he sees a bandana he will hike his leg on it! Its my new party trick!!! I'm saving it for really special folks. :)

beware of chicks handing out free bandanas regards,

one of these days your gonna be pullin' your bikini outa a back pack,
and be sorry you ever teached him that;)
and you better think of me when he does:cool:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Great pics and vid clip!! I understand what you mean, pups are very enjoyable and fun to have around. I am presently going through that as well with a 12 week old and its been a ball that I wouldn't trade for the world. Congrats and good luck :)

·
Registered
977 Posts
Forewarned by the other posts, I turned down my sound and turned my laptop sideways, LOL. Great first water retrieve! (cute, too, LOL)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts