RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never met the man--but I miss his humor and wisdom here.

For some reason I got to thinking about "indirect pressure." All my searches for The Best Post Ever!!! ended in "File Not Found." Chris--is there any hope? Is it somewhere?

But mostly, somehow, I just miss Unca Jerry.

I'm a bit embarrassed, to be sentimental, as I'm sure there are many that miss him very personally and deeply.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hope I'm not overstepping my bounds. Looked back at some older threads and found this. I was not on RTF very long before Jerry passed, though I really chuckled when I read this the 1st time since I had a teenage son at the time!

You send your teenage son to the mailbox. On the way he spots the neighbors voluptious daughter in a bikini (factor). He immediately starts in her direction (succumbing to the factor).

You yell (whistle) "SON!!!!" (handle). His eyes get back into focus and turns toward you and says "WHAT??" (responding to whistle). For the Amish folks, you walk to him and whop him upside the head!!! (correction-indirect pressure). You then say "You were told to go get the mail, now do what you were told!!!"

That my friends is Indirect pressure and why it works.

Jerry"

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hope I'm not overstepping my bounds. Looked back at some older threads and found this. I was not on RTF very long before Jerry passed, though I really chuckled when I read this the 1st time since I had a teenage son at the time!

You send your teenage son to the mailbox. On the way he spots the neighbors voluptious daughter in a bikini (factor). He immediately starts in her direction (succumbing to the factor).

You yell (whistle) "SON!!!!" (handle). His eyes get back into focus and turns toward you and says "WHAT??" (responding to whistle). For the Amish folks, you walk to him and whop him upside the head!!! (correction-indirect pressure). You then say "You were told to go get the mail, now do what you were told!!!"

That my friends is Indirect pressure and why it works.

Jerry"
Yes! That's it! Do you have a link?

(You are certainly not overstepping bounds--I am the one overstepping bounds, as he was well-known and much-loved as a real man, by real live folks here, and I only knew him through The Ether.)

·
Registered
336 Posts
I never met him either, but adored his humor. I have said it before, but I often wondered what it was like to be one of Jerrys wimmen....those were some lucky ladies I am sure.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Thanks for that! I looked for it awhile back and figured it was lost in the ether (or my seach skills sucked).

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
12,625 Posts
you know guys,
if you go to the member list or go to advance search and type a members name. you can click a tab to see all posts by that person. Jerry is still in the member list and you can read all his posts or all the threads he started. I do it myself now and again. I also miss Jerry. Does anyone ever see his son James / Jimmy? I like to think, with all the dogs I've sent over that pesky bridge. That Jerry and his Sweet Bride, are spoiling um so bad with BBQ scraps off of the never ending tailgate party they are throwing. With a Biggo king cooker thing and sides and sauces and him crooning the wimmenz as only he can. It's what I like to think.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you know guys,
if you go to the member list or go to advance search and type a members name. you can click a tab to see all posts by that person. Jerry is still in the member list and you can read all his posts or all the threads he started. I do it myself now and again.

I know. I tried and tried, and failed. :oops:

·
Administrator
3,872 Posts
I miss Unca Jer more than I can say. I loved calling him and talking about all kinds of things. When Hope and I went to Texas, Unca Jer made our trip one that will never be forgotten! He was one special person and I'll never forget him or Sweet Bride. Some people pass thru your life and make such an imprint....

·
Registered
404 Posts
There is no greater tribute to a man ( or dog ) then the shared memories of those who cared about him.

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Yeah, he could also sing! I do not recommend listening to his CD without a tissue these days!

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Yeah, he could also sing! I do not recommend listening to his CD without a tissue these days!
I'm having "one of those days" when a talk with Unca Jerry sure would help!

He absolutely could sing. I remember being with him in NY and being serenaded. Years ago, he beat Roy Orbison in a contest and after hearing him I could see why. He had an absolute heart of gold.

:-(

M

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
How very strange we have never met face to face but yesterday I was thinking of unca Jerry.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts