RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Regarding the change from standard time to daylight savings time

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
12,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just now finished changing the clocks! What a pain in the rectal area! I hate the time change. Being a morning person I feel I loose an hour of daylight and the task of the change is getting bigger every year. There is a clock in the microwave, VCR, TV, Wall clocks, alarm clock, truck clock and the watches. Only thing that does it itself is the blessed computer!
I would do away with the time change, would you?
Ken Bora

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
I ain't votin' 'cause you don't have what I want. I love daylight savings time and wish we had it all year long. I don't like the change, and I love the daylight after work.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
To me it would be much simpler if employers just said "Come to work tomorrow at 7 instead of 8."

Jerry

·
Administrator
3,872 Posts
I didn't vote either. I'm with Howard on this one!

I hate when it gets dark so early :(

Put it on Daylight Savings Time.....and then LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vicky

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm a morning person too, but if it weren't for DST I'd get next to nothing done. At least we have light to work under after work and dawg doesn't mind it either.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm with Howard too...didn't vote...LOVE the extra hour after work to work the dogs.

I am a school teacher and in the winter time when I leave for work it is dark. I only have about 45 minutes after I get home. I really would like to have the extra hour. Maybe I wouldn't have to oil so much rust in the spring.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I love getting home when there is still a little light left when I get from work. I like DST

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I love DST. I get dog training time after work. I can do yard work and other chores during the week that I cannot do on weekends while traveling to do dog stuff.

russ

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Steve Amrein said:
I love getting home when there is still a little light left when I get from work. I like DST
Ditto

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I like DST.

And next time remember only I am allowed to post lame polls. :wink:

·
Registered
871 Posts
savings time

Topic of discussion came up this morning at work. I wish everyone would worry about their jobs as much as think about dst. For example every fall since I was a little boy I put a coat on when it got cold, and took it off in the spring when it got hot. Point is done waste time and energy on things you are not going to change!
CB

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
I know it was thought to be a brilliant plan to help farmers in America get more production out of the warm weather days. But I'm not a fan of having the government tell us all how to live.

If it's such a great idea for farmers, why don't farmers just begin setting their alarms one hour ealier this time of year, and leave the rest of us alone!

Irritable old guy ramblings...

Evan

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
DST

Evan,
The farmers despise it, too. Trust me.
The one I'm married to now comes in for lunch at 12:00 DST, gets back on a tractor at 1:00, and works 'til dark. It makes for a very, very long afternoon. Long for him cause he is on a tractor for eight hours and long for me cause I've got his GSPs the whole time!
Take Care,
Becky

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
DST all year round. Nothng worse than it starting to get dark at 4pm.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
The Farmer excuse is lame. Farmers work daylight till dark no matter what time it is. We have it backwards, we need the extra hour in the winter.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Why not just move it 30 minutes and leave it alone? :shock:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Howard N said:
I ain't votin' 'cause you don't have what I want. I love daylight savings time and wish we had it all year long. I don't like the change, and I love the daylight after work.
I agree with Howard. Those of you who are long enough lived will remember the year Nixon kept DST in effect all year long as a means to conserve energy. There was always time to get outside after work before darkness fell.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
The Farmer excuse is lame. Farmers work daylight till dark no matter what time it is.
If you've ever been a kid on a farm, you would know it's not about the farmer ... it's about the farm kids!!! Farm kids are also hired hands and the point was to get them home from school an hour earlier!!
Fond Memories of Manure Pitching Regards,
JS :lol:

·
Registered
813 Posts
I like DST and wish it were standard time.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts