RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I understand any negatives could be related to the bitch in any of the Pirate pups out there. I just wanted to know if anyone would be willing to share any negatives in their eyes associated w/ their Pirate pups. Drive, vocal, on/off switch are some of the things i'm talking about. I've been thinking really hard about getting one of my own. Just would like to know the weakness's as well as the strengths. Any negative comments about pup's from pirate please be sent to my PM box so it's not unfair to Pirate, his owner's or any owner's of Pirate's pups. Thanks.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
they cost lots of money :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
seriously your premise is not only unfair to Pirate, but also the Gary Zellner, he has been in the game a long time and casting aspersions or creating controversy about their dog is not cool...especially on an open forum

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was seriously afraid of that & thought a long time before posting. That is in no way my intent with this post. I in no way want to offend anyone by asking this question. PM me with any comments, thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pirate is obviously one heck of a dog & I would never intend to cast him or his owners in a negative light. That being said, in my case the only way to find something like that out is to ask & I hope anyone that answers me will do so in my PM box that way nothing is cast for all to see.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Pirate is obviously one heck of a dog & I would never intend to cast him or his owners in a negative light. That being said, in my case the only way to find something like that out is to ask & I hope anyone that answers me will do so in my PM box that way nothing is cast for all to see.
DutchBoy buy the pup!! trust me it will all work OUT!!!!
Dave Hare

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
I corresponded with Gary about Pirate. Gary told me that Pirate was a little hard to ff but that he made steady progress after that. But I didn't find that to be the case with Hank (by Pirate). Hank I thought was very easy to ff but that could have come from the dam. Hank is my son's dog. Hank is a very soft dog. Again, that could have come from the dam. I have found Hank a pleasure to train.

About five more weeks until I get my new puppy, Rowdy (by Pirate).

If you have any questions about Pirate, call Gary. He will be happy to discuss Pirate with you. Pirate has a website and facebook page.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I corresponded with Gary about Pirate. Gary told me that Pirate was a little hard to ff but that he made steady progress after that. But I didn't find that to be the case with Hank (by Pirate). Hank I thought was very easy to ff but that could have come from the dam. Hank is my son's dog. Hank is a very soft dog. Again, that could have come from the dam. I have found Hank a pleasure to train.

About five more weeks until I get my new puppy, Rowdy (by Pirate).

If you have any questions about Pirate, call Gary. He will be happy to discuss Pirate with you. Pirate has a website and facebook page.

Wayne, thank you very much. I plan to call Gary in the morning. BTW, I have edited my original post to say any negative comments go to my PM box in order to keep this post Pirate friendly.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Pirate throws choc., if you like that sort of thing. Of the litter with Cha Cha there were three choc. and seven black.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I dont know anything about Pirate except good thinks Ive heard. I was just funning a little.
Chocs already have a bad reputation, need to help them all I can. :)
Go Brown dogs!!!

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Brad, I knew you were teasing and I was just teasing back.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I understand any negatives could be related to the bitch in any of the Pirate pups out there. I just wanted to know if anyone would be willing to share any negatives in their eyes associated w/ their Pirate pups. Drive, vocal, on/off switch are some of the things i'm talking about. I've been thinking really hard about getting one of my own. Just would like to know the weakness's as well as the strengths. Any negative comments about pup's from pirate please be sent to my PM box so it's not unfair to Pirate, his owner's or any owner's of Pirate's pups. Thanks.
Well, you won't be getting a PM from me, since I don't have anything negative to say. :)

From your original post, my assumption is that you're looking for affirmation and trying to do your due dilgence. Good for you. I'd want to do the same.

While I do not have a Pirate pup, he lives in my backyard (so to speak) so I talk with Pro's that see a good amount of them, and I've run dogs with several friends that have Pirate pups. These are all people with a lot of knowledge and experience and I've never heard anything negative about Pirate pups. Every comment has been that he throws quality, consistently.

As for Pirate himself, his record says it all. I watched him last year at an informal club event and it was like watching a celebrity. Very cool to watch.

If you do your due diligence on the bitch, with Pirate as the stud, everything I've heard says that you're going to have everything you're looking for.

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Landahoy.com

1 - 20 of 29 Posts