RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Administrator
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure many of you have seen the new forum "Vendor Deals". When this was first presented, I voiced my concerns with the new ownership of RTF. I felt that this was unfair to many who have been long standing sponsors of RTF. I also disagreed that we could no longer show our kennel names (which represents many of our businesses) in our signatures.

I have been a Moderator of RTF for many years and had taken on the majority of the upkeep of the Classified forums. I felt this was another way for me to "give back" to the retriever world and also to help out Chris who I have much respect and admiration. After Chris sold RTF, I was made ADMIN. I had hoped to continue to keep RTF going as Chris had worked so hard to do. I don't see that as a possibility any longer. I have loved and have been proud to be a part of RTF, but I no longer look forward to signing in multiple times throughout the day to "work" on RTF.

I have made a request that kennel names still be allowed in signatures without having to get vendor credentials and paying a fee. I was previously told that part would be edited out of the new Vendor Deals rules. I don't know what will happen now since it was kept in the rules.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Vicky, thank you for all your years of work on this site. When I saw the Vendor Forum, I had a bad feeling. And now we lose you. Again, thank you.

·
Registered
16,274 Posts
Took the RTF sticker off the back of my truck a while ago.
All the best Vicky!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Thank you Vicky, you did a wonderful job!

Don

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Thank you Vicky. Thankless job.

The reality of affinity for profit sites. Solution? Pay yearly fees and restrict entry. Keeps the bottom feeders out. ;)

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Thanks Vicky, you did a good job.
As new owners essentially buy websites and throw in their revenue generating adds model, having zero interest in what the Sites are actually all about, we the users can still make use of the forum platform but will have to spend effort pushing aside the new intrusions.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Vicky, thank you for all you have done. I have seen the same results in other websites the owners have and wish they had kept there money grubbing hands out. Oh well, sigh!

Jeff G

·
Registered
8,813 Posts
Sorry about that Vicky, you were always there for us.

Time for a New Site as our go-to place.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Vicky, thanks for all you've done. I don't check into RTF very often, maybe a couple times a month, and it used to be every day. Sad to see a valuable resource continuing to slide downhill into just another commercial.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Vickie... that sucks. I think I agree with Marvin. But few people have the vision and know-how that Chris had when he began this site.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Dear Vickie, Thanks so much for all the hard work. You have been unfailingly pleasant and reasonable and you will certainly be missed.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Vickie, joining others in gratitude for all you have done to support RTF and the members. Your time and dedication to all is very appreciated!

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Thank you for all you have done to help keep this place the wonderful resource and community that it was for so long.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm sure many of you have seen the new forum "Vendor Deals". When this was first presented, I voiced my concerns with the new ownership of RTF. I felt that this was unfair to many who have been long standing sponsors of RTF. I also disagreed that we could no longer show our kennel names (which represents many of our businesses) in our signatures.

I have been a Moderator of RTF for many years and had taken on the majority of the upkeep of the Classified forums. I felt this was another way for me to "give back" to the retriever world and also to help out Chris who I have much respect and admiration. After Chris sold RTF, I was made ADMIN. I had hoped to continue to keep RTF going as Chris had worked so hard to do. I don't see that as a possibility any longer. I have loved and have been proud to be a part of RTF, but I no longer look forward to signing in multiple times throughout the day to "work" on RTF.

I have made a request that kennel names still be allowed in signatures without having to get vendor credentials and paying a fee. I was previously told that part would be edited out of the new Vendor Deals rules. I don't know what will happen now since it was kept in the rules.
That makes me sad Vicky. Sad that they are 'doing this' to our great forum, and even more sad that you are giving up on changing them. You certainly tried and we appreciate the effort, and all your years of fine service!
thank you,
Marcia

·
Registered
580 Posts
thanks for all your support over the years

1 - 20 of 70 Posts