RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Vicky,all good things come to an end.I quit posting awhile ago,not like the old days with Chris.Thank you for all you've done.....probably my last post also...Jim

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I am very sad to see Vicky go, she has been a staple around here for a long time. Even though we have never met in person I consider her a friend.
I have been around here for quite a while. Seen people come and go and you learn who to listen to and who to ignore. With a lot of the recent changes I see a trend happening. People who have been consistent contributors are beginning to leave, and eventually I fear the board will be a place that newbies come, and they will be getting advise from "want to be's". The community we have had is slowing dying and giving way to "modern" forums so people can make more money.
Why can't we have a place to have quality discussions without all the "rules". I suppose because the cost of hosting and maintenance is getting higher and higher. So soon there will be no free forums, either inundated with pop up ads, or fee based. My Veterinary board is fee based and for my use it is well worth it, but for a hobby, I don't think so.

Maybe cause I am getting old, but I am so sad to see the changes in a community that I felt was "just fine", then again, I am not paying the bills.

hope you stick around as a participant Vicky.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Thank you Vicki ... like NateB said I hope you will hand in as a participant!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Thank you Vicky for the years of work you put into the site as moderator. Sadly like others I used to visit this site every day, but I check in less frequently now.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Some of us old timers as I was called more than once suffer from RTF good old days syndrome from about 2004-2005, thanks Vicky I think you stuck it out much longer than most of us would have! It was fun for quite a long time but now not so much!

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Some of us old timers as I was called more than once suffer from RTF good old days syndrome from about 2004-2005, thanks Vicky I think you stuck it out much longer than most of us would have! It was fun for quite a long time but now not so much!
If only you had posted the final chapter of "Honcho" maybe things would have turned out differently! It's all your fault!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
thank you very much for all your efforts here!

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Thanks Vicki. I hope it wasn't something I said.....

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Thanks for all your efforts Vicky! The day this became about making money as opposed to providing a service to the community - it was on it's death bed. I have been involved with other boards that Vertical Scope took over - All the people I know who used to participate in those are pretty much using Facebook now.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
there are tons of FB retriever sites. RTFB could be a new one. :)\

·
Registered
259 Posts
I was very sad when I heard Chris sold the site. Companies don't usually buy something to keep it the same. This site was and still is a great source of information, but it is getting harder to use.
To Chris and Vicky thank you for all you have done. Best wishes in your future endeavors.

193 Posts
Sorry to hear both Chris and now you are departing what was a very friendly informative site.
Add my thanks to you both. You get my accolades for a job well done.
Best of luck in whatever endeavor you undertake.

Greg Lee

·
Registered
609 Posts
Thank you Vickie for your support and dedication, I have not been a member for as long as some of the others but I have been a member long enough to see the changes.

Change is often tough, but most often you will get a fair amount of positives with the negatives, thus far I have failed to see any positives, the pop adds are incredibly annoying!

·
Registered
245 Posts
You will be missed by all of us. You & Chris did an outstanding job as I generally checked site daily for very useful information. Not as much now,
Thanks for your years of hard work.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts