RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
RTF has been an important part of my life for almost 12 years. I haven't been here much at all since the buyout, but now I am bowing out. Thanks to the original RTF, I now have friends I can speak to in person about most training issues and there are enough pages on FB to share news and events. Chris created a great forum and Vicky helped form it into the resource it was. Not saying good-bye. Any of you that wish to stay in touch can look my name up on FB, or if you don't do that, my email is still: [email protected]
Sad to see it end.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Some of us old timers as I was called more than once suffer from RTF good old days syndrome from about 2004-2005, thanks Vicky I think you stuck it out much longer than most of us would have! It was fun for quite a long time but now not so much!
It's kind of like when video killed the radio star. remember that song?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanks, Vicky, I got a chance to meet Chris while judging in Colorado last fall. Enjoyed visiting RTF, especially when politics got moved to POTUS or whatever. Thanks for your efforts!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thanks for all the time you have donated. This is a resource that I truly enjoyed. Since it was sold it is changing I use to need a daily fix. Now it seems once a week is enough. Thanks again.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have seen multiple people mention facebook groups for retriever training. Could anyone mention the names of good groups on facebook that I could request to join?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Vicky, Hate to see you go, You have done a great job as moderator over all these years! My how this place as changed...There are so many people I miss...in 14 years the list is too long! I hope you will still participate some... When I met you and Uncle Jerry in New York many years ago, it felt like family...now like my own family many have moved away or are gone...kind of sad. But sadder yet that those of us that remain on this side of the dirt are leaving the RTF family voluntarily...Please come back once in awhile...Stay well...and Most of all thank You for your hard work and dedication.
Earlene

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Thanks for all your years of hard work and for being a good ambassador. I agree with many that back in the day this was a great, fun place to talk dogs with real dog folks. Hearing first hand accounts of what some truly remarkable dogs were like to live with, let only stand on line with, made this a place worth visiting. Jerry, Uncle Bill, Howard, Ed's Honcho threads... ..the list goes on, but RTF was the catalyst for so many of us to meet in person, as well as share some classic one of a kind posts. A lot of kind and generous acts by RTFers when someone suffered the loss of a dog or family member made everyone feel like family. It's sad that it's hardly even worth looking at anymore.

M

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Sure can't say I blame you but thanks for all you have done.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Joining the others to say thank you Vicky. You have done a great job over the years. Sorry to see this site go down the tubes.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Vicki, thank you for the countless hours you dedicate to keeping guard at RTF. I for one am truly grateful.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have been a long time mostly lurker. I appreciate all you have done, and miss the days when this was fun, funny no snarky people and a lot of great information.thank you for so much for your dedication and hard work!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Miss Vicki it is sad to see RTF now compared to the good old days......THANK YOU for all your time and effort ....

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
First of all, thanks Vicki for what you have done here. You've done a great job except for the one time you deleted something of mine:razz:, don't even remember what it was.
Next I just want to say some of the posts here make me want to :barf:. Some of the posts here go right along with the "Chewy is going down" doomsday thread. I have not noticed any of the changes Vicki has mentioned or anything else different about RTF. I agree that RTF is not what it used to be but it's not because of whoever it is that has taken over. The owners are not what makes this board it is the people that use it. I have been a member here since 1998 before Chris owned it. Talk about the good ol days! Yes it has evolved, always has and always will. Some for the better some for the worse. There have always been snarky people. Always have been always will be, that's just people for ya. I guess some don't remember Shane in the good ol days or Angie. Both would make people crawl into their shells and never come out. Shane saw the light and got decent, Angie not so much. Again it's the people that make the forum not the owners and that is the change that I have noticed. There are still a lot of good people here, some with a lot of knowledge and some that seek knowledge. To me now there are just too many that think they know everything but really just don't know how much they don't know and aren't willing to listen to those that do know and too many that think their way is the only way.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thank you Vicki.

There is still a great deal of valuable information in the archives that can be unearthed with clever searching.

Algorithmic regards,

·
Registered
469 Posts
Vicky,

Thanks for all you have done to keep things going on RTF. You helped Chris make this a place for many to voice opinions and for those of us who were needing training/dog advice to obtain it from more knowledgeable people.

I don't frequent the forum as much as I used to, before it was sold. I understand why Chris did it. Thank-you for letting us know your position at this time. Your service has been appreciated by many.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Help me out here.
I have not seen anything that would cause me to visit this site any less due to new ownership. In fact if I wasn't told it changed hands I wouldnt know it. I know Chris personally and he is a FIRST CLASS DUDE, and Vicki too except that she is not a dude. I come here a lot less than I used to but it aint because of the change of hands.

·
Administrator
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Well, Steve....a couple of things that I have received numerous complaints: pop up ads being the one thing that is complained the most about.

Another thing that is happening is the new Vendor Deals. With the guidelines as they are currently stated, you will have to remove your kennel URL from your signature. That is unless you want to buy credentials to continue using it. No one will be allowed to use their kennel names, business names or any URLs linking to their websites without purchasing credentials.

I am still working on having that changed and from an email I received yesterday, it looks like it may happen. I was told that the rules for signatures had been amended, but I have pointed out that this has not occurred. I am hopeful that I have finally made some leeway for this change and it may happen. We'll see....

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Well, Steve....a couple of things that I have received numerous complaints: pop up ads being the one thing that is complained the most about.

Another thing that is happening is the new Vendor Deals. With the guidelines as they are currently stated, you will have to remove your kennel URL from your signature. That is unless you want to buy credentials to continue using it. No one will be allowed to use their kennel names, business names or any URLs linking to their websites without purchasing credentials.

I am still working on having that changed and from an email I received yesterday, it looks like it may happen. I was told that the rules for signatures had been amended, but I have pointed out that this has not occurred. I am hopeful that I have finally made some leeway for this change and it may happen. We'll see....

Thanks for your response and all that you continue to do. If it weren't for this thread I would know nothing about loosing my website in the signature line and to be honest really wouldn't care. None of my business comes from it. I have not seen any pop up ads either. Was just wondering what all the hoopla was about.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts