RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
When first reading the “flow” of this thread, I fully understood the emotions involved. I am almost 77 years old (few more weeks)
and have recently noticed a huge shift in the use of tact and tolerance (everywhere). This has resulted (in my opinion) of having way too many individuals defending most of what they do or believe. This social phenomenon is clearly demonstrated on one of RTF’s “sub forums” and more so across the nation. It is simply not healthy. One must be cognizant of the importance of not being consumed by negative energy. Often times the best solution is to develop “thicker skin”. If this were true many of us would find it difficult to just move.

Fortunately, there is a somewhat useful strategy of coping with the mounting tide. It requires being concerned with only those
things you can actually change. If there is no potential for meaningful input, the wise choice is to simply “let go” and spend your energy on those things that you actually have control over. Maintaining mental health requires a continuous pro-active effort. I waste zero time “fessing” over things I have no control over…..except maybe with Pounce. :)

When obsessed it is simple to find situations where someone is wrong. To repeat….most of the time it is best to just not get
involved and in many cases the real answers were not what they are looking for. Being able to handle the truth is a gift.
Unfortunately, there are times when it is best to just simply walk away…..if you can find the emotional space to do so.

If this seems like a lecture…...it is. Old teachers never die…….they just compose another lecture.

·
Registered
336 Posts
When first reading the “flow” of this thread, I fully understood the emotions involved. I am almost 77 years old (few more weeks)
and have recently noticed a huge shift in the use of tact and tolerance (everywhere). This has resulted (in my opinion) of having
way too many individuals defending most of what they do or believe. This social phenomenon is clearly demonstrated on one of
RTF’s “sub forums” and more so across the nation. It is simply not healthy. One must be cognizant of the importance of not being
consumed by negative energy. Often times the best solution is to develop “thicker skin”. If this were true many of us would find it
difficult to just move.

Fortunately, there is a somewhat useful strategy of coping with the mounting tide. It requires being concerned with only those
things you can actually change. If there is no potential for meaningful input, the wise choice is to simply “let go” and spend your
energy on those things that you actually have control over. Maintaining mental health requires a continuous pro-active effort. I
waste zero time “fessing” over things have no control over…..except maybe with Pounce. :)

When obsessed it is simple to find situations where someone is wrong. To repeat….most of the time it is best to just not get
involved and in many cases the real answers were not what they are looking for. Being able to handle the truth is a gift.
Unfortunately, there are times when it is best to just simply walk away…..if you can find the emotional space to do so.

If this seems like a lecture…...it is. Old teachers never die…….they just compose another lecture.
YES!!!! I read and re read this. Great, powerful words....thank you!

·
Administrator
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Here we are 3 years later. I'm still the ADMIN and still care very much about RTF and the vision which Chris had for RTF when he owned the site.

I have found the new site owner is willing to work with our requests mostly. It may take a little time to see the adjustments since RTF is only one of many sites they own. But, at least they are receptive to my requests and try to help out when needed.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Hi Vicky- you have been such an integral and part of this forum for so many years. Thank you's are never enough for the job you've done here. Hope to see you around here down the road.
Juli

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I'm sure many of you have seen the new forum "Vendor Deals". When this was first presented, I voiced my concerns with the new ownership of RTF. I felt that this was unfair to many who have been long standing sponsors of RTF. I also disagreed that we could no longer show our kennel names (which represents many of our businesses) in our signatures.

I have been a Moderator of RTF for many years and had taken on the majority of the upkeep of the Classified forums. I felt this was another way for me to "give back" to the retriever world and also to help out Chris who I have much respect and admiration. After Chris sold RTF, I was made ADMIN. I had hoped to continue to keep RTF going as Chris had worked so hard to do. I don't see that as a possibility any longer. I have loved and have been proud to be a part of RTF, but I no longer look forward to signing in multiple times throughout the day to "work" on RTF.

I have made a request that kennel names still be allowed in signatures without having to get vendor credentials and paying a fee. I was previously told that part would be edited out of the new Vendor Deals rules. I don't know what will happen now since it was kept in the rules.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
The above is why I need to find the edit and delete buttons. I didn't notice the date of your first post, Vicky. In any event, now that I am over the initial shock and disappointment, I'm so happy you're still here.

Reactions: Vicky Trainor

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Sorry guys,

I was at a field trial and was playing a little guitar in the hotel room and trying to figure out how to use the new software from an iPhone. I didn't think things through and didn't realize it would bump the whole thread up - making years old information look current.

I phoned Vicky at home yesterday and apologized directly for any agita this may have created for her.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
That's what happens when the grey hairs on the head grow too deep. :) .
Hey Chris, come on out west next year and run some trials.
Best to ya'll,
Jeff

61 - 70 of 70 Posts