RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to join a club when I return from my internship. I would love to help out with some hunt tests to get an idea of what is going on out there. I also want to meet some people around me who I can train with. I have very basic knowledge of this so I need all of the help that I can get. I live in Augusta, Ga currently but I would mind traveling within reason.

Thanks

Pierce

·
Registered
952 Posts
We have a couple of members that live in the Augusta area. Charleston Retriever Club. www charlestonretrieverclub.com

·
Registered
732 Posts
Lets see....theres Midlands which is literally right out your back door. There is Charleston, as David mentioned. There is Old South which is based out of the other side of the state but holds atleast 1 HT a year not that far from you west on I-20. There is Coastal Empire south of you a ways and then there is NGHRC. NGHRC is just North of you about an hour and a half. Visit us @ www.nghrc.com if you would like. HRC clubs are like Lays potato chips...you cant ever have just one!!! Seriously, any one of the clubs would be glad to have you. Every club is stocked full of wonderful folks. Good luck and if you need any help dont be afraid to ask.

ps David @ Charleston Retriever Club is a great guy to deal with. I've been knowing he and his wife since I started running dogs some years ago. However, he does speak in a VERY distinctive South Carolina dialect that can be hard for those of us from Ga to understand from time to time!!!!!!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Do like Joe said and check out those ones he mentioned. they all put on good hunt tests. come visit them during a test weekend and you get to see most all of the members of the clubs and can hang out with them and get to know them at the tailgate parties.

come up to the NGHRC Test September 8-9 in Martin and you'll meet a bunch of good folk.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do like Joe said and check out those ones he mentioned. they all put on good hunt tests. come visit them during a test weekend and you get to see most all of the members of the clubs and can hang out with them and get to know them at the tailgate parties.

come up to the NGHRC Test September 8-9 in Martin and you'll meet a bunch of good folk.

Sounds like a plan. Thankfully my Bulldogs are in Missouri that weekend so there will be no game to go to. Rhett usually is my tailgate companion on Saturdays in Athens. He does pretty well with the ladies, he was a guarantee when he was about 12 weeks old. Now they just stop and pet him :razz:

But in all seriousness I thank y'all very much for the help and look forward to meeting some of you in the near future as soon as I get done with this internship.

·
Registered
732 Posts
If theres anything we can do in the mean time let us know. We have a very strong weekly training group that is comprised of MANY NGHRC core members. We would love to have you even before our fall HT in Sept. Good luck with the pup and GO DAWGS!!!!!!! SIC EM!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If theres anything we can do in the mean time let us know. We have a very strong weekly training group that is comprised of MANY NGHRC core members. We would love to have you even before our fall HT in Sept. Good luck with the pup and GO DAWGS!!!!!!! SIC EM!!!
That sounds like a plan my friend. Rhett is still pretty rough around the edges but I would love to get some help with him. I probably need more help that he does.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts