RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Competition dawgs Indoor or Outdoor?

• Indoor 100%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Outdoor 100%

• Outdoor while at work/gone...Indoor when home (generally)

• Outdoor w/ trainer...Indoor at home

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
My dogs are basically outdoor dogs.

In general once they have put on their winter fat and coat for sub-freezing temps they are very uncomfortable inside.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Gypsy prefers to be outside 24/7. Because she is 14 and the temps are WELL below freezing (rarely above zero, of late), I have been keeping her inside except for potty breaks.

She thinks I am a meanie, stands around panting and acting like she is dying of heat stroke. I should be so lucky.

Lisa

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dawg is about 60-40....... 60% outside. She's outside a good 10-12 hrs a day when the weather permits....She sleeps inside during the winter and and rotates back and forth spring and summer(because of those mosiquito's) They're real think where I live....During the fall she's outside day and night, up untill mid november......Then I bring her in at night....

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Two are 100% outdoor and the old blf is outdoor during the day and indoor at night. The rule around my house is when you retire you get to come in out of the cold and heat.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Agree with Patrick;

Competition dawgs outside

Retired dawgs inside

·
Registered
7 Posts
outside or inside

My dog is outside with the pro and inside with me, she is with the pro about nine to ten months of the year and when she is home she is inside. I feel that due to the nature of field trials that Macy and I have to bond at every given chance. Seems like that would be very difficult to do if she is outside in the kennel. This year will be different, however in that she is hopefully bred. She is missing her winter trip, and a good portion of the spring. I think it is safe to say that know one is complaining about having her around for the extra time this year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts