RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a dog i need to transition off of a prescription diet to some kind of no beef no chicken dog food. I'm feeding Purina HA at present. Vet suggest a salmon / potato ration. My local feedstore carries this Infinia product so I would have a good supply. Does anyone feed it ? What do you like / dislike. I appreciate your response as we have finally got our Charlie lined out. Now to transition back to a non- prescription food without beef or chicken. He could order the Pure Vita - but special order only. Thouhgts ???

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Infinia is the new Exclusive product that is not the traditional beef chicken ration.
Don't get me wrong I'm a Euk. guy. Just need something that does not have ANY beef or chicken anything ! meal- broth whatever - can't use it. Is anybody using a salmon product that they like ??

·
Registered
105 Posts
Never heard of it although the local feed store does have Exclusive and my brother's old dog is on the lamb Exclusive with good results.

I use Acana Pacifica. It doesn't even have egg or chicken fat.

You might try California Natural, lamb or herring. I have used it occasionally.

People seem to like Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream for allergy dogs.

It's pretty easy to order anything online from petflow.com. I have to order the Acana, not an area with a good selection of foods.

·
Registered
409 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Feeding Infinia to a 12 yr old and a six month old.

Been very happy with it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks MikeB for the links. I was familier with most off them. Some I can not get locally without mail order. And some of them have - what my vet calls hidden ingrediants that contain beef or chicken stuff. We think we have identified the problem. she thinks it's better to omit ANY by product of beef or chicken. What's funny is there is a duck product out there and I know he would like that one. I wonder if it would make him crave duck ??? ha ha Thanks for responding!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks okie drake - at least one confirmation. I was wanting to try it - feed store guy said no complaints. I just trust my lab friends more...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks okie drake - at least one confirmation. I was wanting to try it - feed store guy said no complaints. I just trust my lab friends more...
FWIW, mine was not a decision I came to without some pretty extensive research.

If you go that route, every 12th bag is free. That's nice given the price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts