RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if its been discussed before.
Had my dog bite through my thumb and fingure nail when trying to force him on a Dove on a hunt. It was my fault ( small bird and thumb in the way ) took a long time to heal.
Lots of bashed shins into the trailer tongue and cuts.. Knocked it the water, rope burn etc....
Some pepole think were crazy, but I dont like playing golf

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Sorry if its been discussed before.
Had my dog bite through my thumb and fingure nail when trying to force him on a Dove on a hunt. It was my fault ( small bird and thumb in the way ) took a long time to heal.
Lots of bashed shins into the trailer tongue and cuts.. Knocked it the water, rope burn etc....
Some pepole think were crazy, but I dont like playing golf
My right pointer finder nail has a nice wave in it for not be careful. I saw stars on that one and was so painful I couldn't speak. Jaws on a pup can be leathal(sp).

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Dislocated finger and ruptured tendon in same finger when said finger got caught in check cord.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
A nasty rope burn on the mack side of my leg, directly behind the knee. Hurt everytime I moved! Got it from mini-pile work.....

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Not too many physical things but several sessions in anger mgmt class and weekly sessions with a shrink since I`ve got chessies.Jim

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had one of my dogs barrel into me and caught my right leg at the knee. Dropped me flat on the ground face down in the snow. After an emergency room visit to ensure it wasn't broken I spent the next year and half dealing with a stubborn blood clot, crutches and rehab. I would have been in better shape if my leg had been broken. Yikes!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Ditto on that one. Broke an ankle trying to feed in the rain once. Crocs and steep hills don't mix.
A nasty rope burn on the mack side of my leg, directly behind the knee. Hurt everytime I moved! Got it from mini-pile work.....

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Several over the years, but the worst was just a few days before the Fall FT's of 2011 :( ..had a run-in with my younger guy = ankle fracture.

That is a GREAT Avatar!! :) ?

Judy

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Seriously messed up ankle from falling down a handler's mound.
Broken ribs from falling over a little red dawg.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Okay, let me preface this with I am not natuarally graceful, Rope burn, been taken out at the knees, tripped over side of whelp box and many many smashed fingers. However, the worst for me was trying to get all the equipment loaded in truck to leave for hunt test, had my arms full and for some STUPID reason, had a long wooden dowel (not even sure what it was for) in my mouth because my hands were full. Anyway I dropped something and without thinking bent over to pick it up and jammed that dowel right in the back of my throat/roof of my mouth. OMG! did that hurt. DUMB,DUMB,DUMB!

·
Registered
210 Posts
18 stitches in my hands after freeing a friends pup after she got into barbed wire while pheasant hunting public land. She had her rear left leg all tangled up and I didn't have time to go get my tin snips from the pickup. All that matters was I got her free!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
How have I been stupid? Let me count the ways.

Razor sharp puppy teeth (for a while my hands looked like I had been in a fight with a Weed Eater), rope burns on hands and bottom of foot (don't step on a rope barefooted to stop a dog), clocked in the head with his head (saw stars), scraped across the top of the foot when he left the line (maybe I should wear shoes, huh?), assorted bruises, etc.

But the winner is this one. I was holding my 8-week-old pup one morning and (stupidly) blowing in his face when he snapped at me (as he had been doing due to my blowing in his face - did I mention the word stupid?). Only this time his aim was not so good and one of his baby canines caught the inside of my bottom lip. My kitchen floor looked like a crime scene.

I probably needed a couple stitches, but did I also mention that this happened on the morning of April 28, 2011? As I was preparing to go help out with the recovery/cleanup efforts from the huge tornado the previous afternoon? And that there was no way I was going to the ER and asking for stitches that AM because my dog bit me?

Knock on wood, but I am waiting on a fracture of some kind or a torn ACL. He goes full speed and is prone to coming in a little hot. I added the three bumpers at the bottom of the circle for 8-handed casting this AM (the come-in bumpers) and barely avoided him when he came to the one directly in front of me. But I did have shoes on.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I fractured my wrist when I fell while running over shelf ice to get my boat to help the dog with a very lively cripple on the river in cold water. Broke my fall with one hand while holding my gun in the other.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Currently recovering from a broken foot. Walking from one winger to another in a field, stepped in an armadillo hole.
Black eye, almost knocked out, when I leaned down and Rounder (running) whammed me on the side of my face.
Bailey slammed the side of my left leg at the knee. Flipped me to the ground. He runs wide open going and coming. Pheasant wing had his eyes covered.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Torn knee that will require replacement, chipped teeth, sprained ankle, black eye. Remind me why we do [email protected]!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had my whistle shoved through my two front teeth when bending over to get a bumper from my then 6 month old dog. She jumped and I didn't. Lesson learned... spit your whistle when she's back at your side.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
2 dislocated thumbs, lots of nose bops, one knee injury, and got laid on my back ~2mos ago after being clipped from behind (actually that turned out okay-- nice chiropractic adjustment for my back though my shoulder was sore for a while).

1 - 20 of 49 Posts