RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
A lot of sugar and salt but it won't hurt to have a little.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Don't think I'd give it to my Sadie except in an extreme circumstance. I'm not convinced that the salt and sugar would be a good idea unless she was really dehydrated...which shouldn't happen (I don't think) if you give enough water during hunting/training/competing. It'd be interesting to hear a vet's opinion.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not giving it to him to rehydrate. I drink it, and him being with me all the time, wants some, so i give him a few licks, and he always wants more.so as a treat or whatever, just thought i would ask if it would hurt him to give a little in a bowl. Not a whole bottle, but more than a few licks.
He loves the stuff and he is my boy, so why not give him a treat!

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I'm not giving it to him to rehydrate. I drink it, and him being with me all the time, wants some, so i give him a few licks, and he always wants more.so as a treat or whatever, just thought i would ask if it would hurt him to give a little in a bowl. Not a whole bottle, but more than a few licks.
He loves the stuff and he is my boy, so why not give him a treat!
In moderation, it's probably just fine. But, just because they want something doesn't mean they get. Use common sense and be smart.

FWIW, Mine loves ice cream (who doesn't? :D) and heaven knows that stuff isn't "healthy" for anybody/anything.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We all own dogs for different reasons. I have trap as a companion for my wife and i, and as my best buddy. He is a great dog, retrieves awesome, but i most likely will never take him past junior hunter, and that's just to get him ribbons.
If my buddy would like a drink of gatorade when i have some, he will get some.
He tries so hard to please me, the least i can do is give him something to make him happy.
He will spend most of 3.5 months of the season with me, hopefully get
ting better and better as a duck dog.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts