RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pup Bailey is 7 1/2 months old and I still havn't sat down and completed all of her papers. Does anyone know what all I need to do? Is there a deadline.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Fwiw, I started to register my dog a year ago via their web site when she was two. When it added the late fee to my order, I cancelled. A few days later I got a call from the akc asking why i didnt complete the registration and offering to waive the late fee, which they did.

So, I'd call them if you are concerned about the fee.

Ed

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just did the online registration for my dog born April 2011 (yep, I finally got them!) last night and it charged my card $20. I was expecting the $65, don't know what happened.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I just did the online registration for my dog born April 2011 (yep, I finally got them!) last night and it charged my card $20. I was expecting the $65, don't know what happened.
from AKC Oct, 2011 Board minutes (bold emphasis added by me):
effective January 1, 2012:
• A price increase of $10.00 from $20.00 to $30.00 for dog registration and transfer fees.
• The fee for the silver and gold packages will be maintained at the current price.
The price printed on existing forms will be honored until April 30, 2012 for dog
registrations only. The grandfathering will not apply to transfers.
You got the grandfathered price with a few days to spare. Also, you avoided a late fee ... probably because the breeder registered the litter less than a year before you submitted your registration. The late fee does not apply until 1 year after the litter registration date. Birth date is irrelevant.

The OP still might be able to register his pup for $20 if he gets it done by Monday, April 30. After that it will be $30. This assumes the litter was registered before 1/1/2012.

Jim

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yay for you Dawnyel! Glad it worked out :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts