RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to order a bunch of plastic bumpers (preferably from Canada because of shipping etc) and would like to know a good brand and a good place to order them from. If it happens to be in the U.S, that's fine, I am just thinking about the shipping.

:D

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I think the Avery Hexabumper is probably the finest bumper in production today.

But we have several dogs and our training regimen requires over a hundred bumpers, so we go with the inexpensive but reliable EZ-Rotational.

G

·
AmiableLabs said:

But we have several dogs and our training regimen requires over a hundred bumpers, so we go with the inexpensive but reliable EZ-Rotational.
ok, I'll bite, where do you need 100 bumpers?

I think I probably have over 100, but only because a bunch of them are chewed, discolored and otherwise abused.

I'm thinking TT is the place you use the most bumpers, but that would be about 60 IF you had 12 at every pile (and I'm too lazy to put 12 at every pile!!!).

-K

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Kristie Wilder said:
ok, I'll bite, where do you need 100 bumpers?
Okay, perhaps "require" was not the right word. :oops:

We have about six dozen white, one dozen black and white, two dozen blaze, and one dozen camo. We can run two set-ups or drills simultaneously for multiple dogs without worry or rebirding. Even then not all the bumpers get used, and we like it that way. 8)

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
AmiableLabs said:

It better be for the price.

G

·
Hexabumpers ! You get what you pay for. No valves to break off and leak, No chomping and massing the air out or rolling around in the mouth. Plus they come with rope on them.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmmmm..... I probably don't need quite a hundred. I was thinking more like a dozen white, dozen orange (if I even need that) and a dozen black and white. BUT mabey someone could tell me what I do need, cause I am just guessing. I know I need white and a few orange for sure....

anyone...anyone... :D

G

·
Debbie H said:
Hmmmmm..... I probably don't need quite a hundred. I was thinking more like a dozen white, dozen orange (if I even need that) and a dozen black and white. BUT mabey someone could tell me what I do need, cause I am just guessing. I know I need white and a few orange for sure....

anyone...anyone... :D
Keeping in mind that I believe double T is the place that you'll usually use the most bumpers (training a dog or two like you are). The minimum I'll usually use at a pile are 6-8. So multiply that x5 and you'll have the most bumpers you'll need going forward with your training. :)

-K

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
The minimum I'll usually use at a pile are 6-8
Unless yas gots a little Smart A$$ like mine that brings 2 back sometimes 3!! at a time------- Beoch!! :p

Gooser

G

·
MooseGooser said:
The minimum I'll usually use at a pile are 6-8
Unless yas gots a little Smart A$$ like mine that brings 2 back sometimes 3!! at a time------- Beoch!! :p

Gooser
that's why you spread them out silly!!and if she's getting 2-3 then she's shopping!! Bad handler, BAD BAD handler!!! ;)

There's not much worse than not having enough bumpers at piles and blinds and drills.... Makes me NUTS!

-K

G

·
EdA said:
Kristie Wilder said:
I'll usually use at a pile are 6-8.
you must not do the back pile much :shock:
Actually, glad you mentioned. I have to redo my math, I normally put at least 15 at the back pile... I don't do very long, extended sessions on most yardwork. But I'm sorry, and do certainly stand corrected.

So my math would be 6-8 at each side, 12+ at the back. I do many more backs than overs, as we all "should", right? And some TT lessons I only do a few sides...

Glad you caught that.

-K

·
Registered
9,885 Posts
Kristie Wilder said:
I do many more backs than overs, as we all "should", right?
yep, when I was taught at least 2X as many backs as overs and usually replant the back pile to account for checkouts and good dogs, generally 12 at the back pile 2 at each over, so 20 bumpers total and the back pile is often replanted 8)

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
that's why you spread them out silly!!and if she's getting 2-3 then she's shopping!!

Corse Shes shoppin silly--- She's FEMALE :lol: :roll:

Gooser

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Newman and Bennett, EZ are both good. Don't care for the Hallmark for it has a softer skin that dirt easily grinds into. A few of the cheaper off brands have shinny finishes which I would avoid and as well as any bumper with a valve.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
From a theoretical standpoint, you only need one bumper.

For the dog to get to the first mark, it must cover half the distance to the bumper, then it must cover half of the remaining distance, and so on and so on for in infinity.

can't get there from here regards

1 - 19 of 19 Posts