RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like me, you may have been surprised by the new look of RTF today. Knew the new software was coming; just didn't know when it would be officially "rolled out".

I'm sure there are going to be some frustration getting used to the new look and features....especially those of us who don't like change. LOL

As ADMIN, I am going to need some time to figure out all the new features. I don't monitor these forums 24/7 as I am not a paid staffer and have a life with my family and dogs outside of RTF. If you report a post and I don't take action right away, please be patient.

Thanks,
Vicky

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Why the change? Personally, I don't like the look. New features may be OK but the old look was nicer. How do I make everything smaller? This is too "in your face".

·
Registered
2,192 Posts

·
Registered
12,133 Posts
Like me, you may have been surprised by the new look of RTF today. Knew the new software was coming; just didn't know when it would be officially "rolled out".

I'm sure there are going to be some frustration getting used to the new look and features....especially those of us who don't like change. LOL

As ADMIN, I am going to need some time to figure out all the new features. I don't monitor these forums 24/7 as I am not a paid staffer and have a life with my family and dogs outside of RTF. If you report a post and I don't take action right away, please be patient.

Thanks,
Vicky
If we upgrade to Premium who gets the $20?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
The like button sure will be a hit with most folk. Could be you get a most liked, is liked by those that agree what is liked by those that like the same . Like fb. which is ...liked by zillions of folk .

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Jeezus! just train the dog ,and let the internet sort itself and the format out. no worries.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts

Thanks,
Vicky
The silver lab in the banner has got to go.

·
Registered
4,606 Posts

Thanks,
Vicky
Get out while you can...JD

·
Administrator
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll try to answer some of your questions:
HPL - Site owner felt the old software was outdated and unsupported.

Paul Young - Private messages are now called "Conversations". Click on your avatar in the upper right corner of the page. You will see Conversations in the drop-down windows. Your previous private messages will be found there.

Ken Bora - I have no info regarding upgrading to Premium.

Mark Littlejohn - I have sent a request to the Site Owner asking that a new banner be developed for RTF

·
Registered
8,593 Posts
This site is just plain trashy. All the bogus ads, irrelevant sponsors, surveys, etc.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I agree. It's a mess. Terrible viewing on my Amazon Fire tablet. If this is progress you can keep it.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
So, I click on my avatar per Vicky's advice above and there was a message that I had 4 alerts. I click on the alerts and it says I've won 4 trophies for a variety of things. But, I don't see any trophies. What do I get for them? Can I put them on the mantle? 😂 Gonna be a learning curve here. I like the "like" button. Where's the "edit" button?

Reactions: RJG

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Not impressed ..... likely won't be visiting often .... too many ads where it is to buy something, recommended reading , push notifications, etc, etc. You may be able to teach an old dog new tricks, but this old dog doesn't like this trick!

·
Registered
84 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts