RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago I bought my son a chocolate lab , 13 years ago exactly . He named him Jack , this was the left over pup from a litter . Jack never needed housebreaking he was perfect but he didn't like to retrieve and he was scared of storms. He also didn't like to swim but if his boy was in the river he was going to be by his side and they were together constantly , if a stranger came up to my son Jack would stand in between them to protect him. My son Dallas made the call and tomorrow Jack will cross over the Rainbow Bridge and wait for him. This is hard to write and it hurts but the right call has been made . Tears will fall tomorrow but we will have our memories it will take awhile but the pain will slowly go away.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sorry Jesus. Always tough calls to make, but sounds like your son had a great best friend.

·
Registered
402 Posts
It’s the hardest decision we ever make when it comes to our beloved dogs. You gave him a great life and that’s what you will remember.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
If you love your dogs, most likely, and if your lucky to have them 13+ years, you will walk this walk. It never gets easier, but we owe it to those wonderful companions to do as right by them as they have done right by us. You grieve out of reverence. And you can only hold on to the good times and great memories you created together. Some of us have walked this walk many times in our lifetimes. I am set to make the walk again having a 13 and a half year old at my feet right now. A 4 time veteran of the broken heart..
I say that "God made dogs lives short so we can love a lot of them". I wish for your heart to heal and someday share your love again with another.

Blessings
Earlene

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My son Dallas insisted on going to the vet with me, I couldn't say no. This was hard for my son Jack slept ln bed with him last night . The tears started early this morning and didn't stop for a good bit after we buried him. I'm still crying because of how it affected my son. Dallas was there from the beginning to the end . A tough day all around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It’s never easy, but I always take comfort is knowing that they count on us to do the right thing for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts