RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Good job ! We start April 30............. Can't wait.

Steve

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Look at the beard on that Rio Grande...how big were the spurs on that gobbler...just goes to show what can happen when all you got on your mind is the female of the species...:p

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
Look at the beard on that Rio Grande...how big were the spurs on that gobbler...just goes to show what can happen when all you got on your mind is the female of the species...:p
Doesn't look like a Rio to me, more like an Eastern Who Dat;-)

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Doesn't look like a Rio to me, more like an Eastern Who Dat;-)

I stand corrected, thought you had Rio's in your state too

·
Registered
14 Posts
Our turkey season doesn't open up for another three weeks. That should be about right this year because a lot of the hens will be on the nest and the gobblers may be a little more responsive. Last year the snowbanks were just clearing away when the season started.

LL

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Great looking birds! I'll be in the woods opening day youth with my son on April 7th. We were drawn for my favorite spot. Hopefully I can bring in a bird for my son.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It was the opener for junior's here in California....I called in this beast for my good buds kid. His first time turkey hunting 10 minutes into shoot time. Theres a great story behind the hunt it's long but I'll share if you guys want to hear. Lucky bastard! I wish I had these kind of oppurtunities when I was younger.

·
Registered
682 Posts
It was the opener for junior's here in California....I called in this beast for my good buds kid. His first time turkey hunting 10 minutes into shoot time. Theres a great story behind the hunt it's long but I'll share if you guys want to hear. Lucky bastard! I wish I had these kind of oppurtunities when I was younger.
Go with the story. Folks on the RTF like to hear good hunting stories especially when it involves young hunters.

Danny

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
Nothing like a crisp clear Spring morning, sitting over a spread of hens with one's trusty retriever and waiting on a flock of Toms to set their wings over the decoys:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Beautiful birds. We open on May 1st. Been warm the last few weeks so everything is going to be greened up by the time the season opens up here. Prolly nasty with mosquitos too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts