RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been hacked. If you received an email I am sorry, please forgive. Should be ok now but it just pisses me off. Once again, I'm sorry. Thanks

·
Registered
6,516 Posts
:confused:Happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Somehow "I" sent emails to people I don't even know. I don't get it.

Oh, just remembered, I sent it to myself too.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
me too.....it was that mailer deamon thing....they say to change your password frequently.so far so good.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I was hacked on Monday. I've never had that happen before.
I never knew it happened until my wife called me and asked why I sent her spam from a weight loss program...:( (I'm not that stupid) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Too late now. I already sent the $1000 for the 10 hole stainless ATV trailer.
I'll be there Monday to pick it up.
MP

·
Registered
680 Posts
Sorry Eddie.

Not sure if you was hacked or not. I sold your email address to a guy swearing he would have my check sent to western union as soon as he got confirmation that you were an actual person.

Did you get your money from the Save the Penguin Foundation yet?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Come on down Mike and we will see if we can find it, I'm sure it's here somewhere. And Richard the Penguin Foundation is not something to make fun of!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
well some one else filed my taxes for them and received a $9000 refund and still the irs can not get me my refund since Jan and some hacked one of my cc cards and ordered a $425 fly reel
quite a time we live in

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Not buying that story Ed- turns out that "Marsh Mops Gone Wild" domain actually IS registered in your name.

At's OK- been wearing them lacy panties ever since the wife found them in the glove compartment.

Chafed in Battlegrond regards

Bubba

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Donna told me she was sorry that she acted so quickly when she heard you were seen with a blond female - turns out that it was a Labradoodle. You can come home now, all is forgiven.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Mine was hacked yesterday for the second time in 6 months. I changed email accounts last night. Losses me off because I've had the same email address for 14 years and now have to change. I got a bunch of calls from our hutch people about the nasty link I sent out. Kind of funny I don't know why they opened a link not knowing what it was. I wonder how many looked for a while before calling me?

·
Registered
768 Posts
We were hacked for the first time ever on the same day you all are referring to. What to do besides change passwords? I am seeing a strange aqua bar with characters in it up next to the minimize symbol. Any suggestions on what to do? I have Norton and all this AOL protection, but it happened somehow anyway. Do you need to take your computer in somewhere or can you do something about it? Worried to do my online banking.......any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
We were hacked for the first time ever on the same day you all are referring to. What to do besides change passwords? I am seeing a strange aqua bar with characters in it up next to the minimize symbol. Any suggestions on what to do? I have Norton and all this AOL protection, but it happened somehow anyway. Do you need to take your computer in somewhere or can you do something about it? Worried to do my online banking.......any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Lynn: I am not a computer expert but sounds like your system has also contracted a virus/malware, more than likely it came in the form of an email from someone with an attachment that you may have opened...IMO I would remove Norton and all its components along with the AOL stuff...use a program like www.malwarebytes.com to debug your system and then reinstall an anti virus program like Avast (free version) or buy Kaspersky and install that

You also have to be very careful when updating your computer, made the mistake of updating Adobe Flash Player and when you do so it installs an unwanted tool bar, and turns my search engine to another product...it was a PITA to reverse that

·
Registered
6,516 Posts
Damn it! It just happened to me again. Third time in a couple of weeks. Puter and email passwords have been changed.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The only advise that was given to me was to change the password ever so often. They also suggested I use more letters and add a few numbers to make it more complicated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts