RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to him last night, he asked me to post his cell # and tell his past training partners to call him or anyone else that feels like talking, (228 860 6924)
They started receiving mail also, Jason Roberts
7121 Mellon Dr.
Biloxi, MS 39532

They have a little girl (19 months) if anyone has clothing sitting around from previous children he said they sure could use it. They also have twins on the way in about 4 months.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Randy Bohn wrote:

They have a little girl (19 months) if anyone has clothing sitting around from previous children he said they sure could use it. They also have twins on the way in about 4 months.
Wow!!! It really sounds as though they could use some help. I'm sure there must be some RTFers with toddler clothes they could donate.

M

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
hhlabradors said:
Has there ever been an RTF baby shower?
What a great idea!!!!!!! Count me in!

(Vicky-I swear I had nothing to do with this!!! :) )

M

·
Registered
106 Posts
We have tons of clothes for infants/toddlers from our 2, plus 2 kids who are trying to find a way to help. Please let us know what he needs or if it is just ok to send a care package to that address.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Randy Bohn said:
Talked to him last night, he asked me to post his cell # and tell his past training partners to call him or anyone else that feels like talking, (228 860 6924)
They started receiving mail also, Jason Roberts
7121 Mellon Dr.
Biloxi, MS 39532

Randy,

My wife is looking for a home for baby boy clothes. If these twins turn out to be of the male persuasion, I'm sure we can help. I'm thinking we could probably also help with some other "baby gear".

I'll let my wife know. This will make her pretty happy to know that it's going to someone that we're "connected" to, rather than just to the Salvation Army drop box.

Chris

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dogs

No I never met this person I just know if I were in his shoes I'd want/need help also. Jason said his wife holds things inside and the last thing you need is a pregnant woman worrying about what will they do next?

The address posted is the place to send boxes of clothing as far as I know! If you have any other questions give him a call he won't mind!! Randy

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
This is the kind of person i want the EE Benefit Trial to help!

I'm still working on forming an official committee of locals to determine where the money will go, but i'd sure like to help Jason in the mean time.

What do you guys think?

Shayne

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Yes!!! This is exactly why I entered dogs (real & imaginary).. If Jason isn't a good candidate for a little help-I don't know who is. Young guy-19 month old little girl & twins on the way. Everything they own right now could fit in a duffle bag. Can you imagine the weight on his shoulders?!?

I don't want an accounting of where the $ goes. I trust you or I wouldn't have donated, but I will ask you to help Jason & his wife.

M

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 22 month old daughter that would love to share her huge closet with someone else. She wears 12 months. Does anyone know what size his little girl wears.

·
Administrator
3,871 Posts
Shayne Mehringer said:
What do you guys think?

Shayne
LOL, Shayne.....did you really think there was ever a question as to what everyone would want you to do?!!!!!

Only question I have is......HOW QUICK CAN YOU GET SOME ASSISTANCE TO JASON & HIS FAMILY?!?!?!?! What a blessing this will be to them! :)

Vicky

·
Registered
29 Posts
I sent some heartworm pills for his dogs to Jason over the weekend - he said the post office in Biloxi will start recieving mail today (Monday). I know he and his family will appreciate anything that can be sent. He said his daughter wears 18 month size clothes.

Melissa

·
Registered
931 Posts
Shayne Mehringer wrote:
What do you guys think?
ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Paula

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Chin up and still swinging with what he has on his plate?

Can't think of a better time to pull the trigger Dude.

Rooting throught he closets regards
Bubba

G

·
Maybe make a wishlist and people can send stuff they have -- like the heartworm meds that were sent. And then use money for whatever we can't contribute ourselves. Baby clothes... There have to be several dozen rtf's that can send clothes so they don't have to spend EE money on them. So maybe try to cover what we can (I could send some frontline, ie.) and then they can use the cash for the items that aren't fulfilled??

-Kristie

·
Registered
29 Posts
kristie said:
Maybe make a wishlist and people can send stuff they have -- like the heartworm meds that were sent.
-Kristie
I talked to Jason last night and he wants to thank everyone for the kind thoughts and anything that you can do for his family. He doesn't have any internet access, so he asked me to post for him.

I'll talk to him today and see what else they need that may be lying around in peoples houses - specific clothes sizes, shoe sizes, dog supplies, etc. I'll post up a list this afternoon.

Melissa

1 - 20 of 48 Posts