RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't find the website for John Cavanaugh's seminar notes -- know that I found through RTF before -- one manual was on "Retriever Test/Trial Judge's Manual" -- the other was "Retriever Field Training Workshop Master Manual 2004: The Amateur's Perspective" -- anybody help ???

· Registered
3,064 Posts

· Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be it -- thanks very much

· Registered
2,737 Posts
On a related note, I recently stumbled upon a judging clinic booklet authored by Mitch Patterson and used at the North Texas & Wichita Falls Retriever Clubs seminar

Lots of good information here

http://retrieverclubs.com/JUDGING CLINIC.pdf

· Registered
3,637 Posts
Thanks for asking for this! :) (Finny typed that!)

Question though: Under the "Classic Concepts/Situations Checklists" he mentions crosswind blinds & says: "(get dog wet first)"-paranthesis are his-and "don't nag".

I understand the not nagging, but why would he mention getting a dog wet first before running a cross wind blind or am I misreading?

Thanks!

M

· Registered
2,737 Posts
Miriam Wade said:
Thanks for asking for this! :) (Finny typed that!)

Question though: Under the "Classic Concepts/Situations Checklists" he mentions crosswind blinds & says: "(get dog wet first)"-paranthesis are his-and "don't nag".

I understand the not nagging, but why would he mention getting a dog wet first before running a cross wind blind or am I misreading?

Thanks!

M
Because a wet dog is more likely to fade with a cross wind than a dry dog.

· Registered
7,802 Posts
We were just talking about this this past weekend at a trial. Dip the dog in the corner of a pond then run a crosswind blind for 300 yards.
It's been 15 years, the dog should be dry by now.:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Kyle Garris

· Registered
8,426 Posts
I do not have John's training notes. I only have a copy of the Mitch Patterson/John Cavanaugh judging manual, which I believe most have found online.

For those asking me for the training notes, if you find them, please send a copy to me! I will PM my good email address if anyone has them.

Thanks, Chris

· Registered
82 Posts
Thank you for the many responses. I received digital copies so I’m good to go. There are some gems in there.
I would be grateful if you could share your digital copies of John's work. (I have a 26 page pdf done with Mitch Patterson). I have heard various names of the "Master Training Manual". Please share anything with me at [email protected]. Thank you so much!

· Registered
82 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Can't find the website for John Cavanaugh's seminar notes -- know that I found through RTF before -- one manual was on "Retriever Test/Trial Judge's Manual" -- the other was "Retriever Field Training Workshop Master Manual 2004: The Amateur's Perspective" -- anybody help ???
Did you ever receive the "Master Training Manual"? I have the 26 page judges manual.
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts