RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
As a green blooded Spartan... Good luck. Truth be told he wasn't a bad guy and did start the process of cleanup after the Saban/Bobby Williams mess. He was in over his head at the time.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Its funny you say that Jacob. I live in Ogden Utah home of the Weber State Wildcats. John L Smith was only here 3 months and when it was announced everybody was like.... ahh OK at least he was not here long enough to mess things up.

Going from lil Ole Ogden Utah to the SEC West... good luck

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I can't wait to see the implosions. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
It's a one year deal. Many players know him and he knows system. T Wilson took over the spring game and became the leader with about 500 yds passing

Just watch your tiger tails this year

·
Registered
292 Posts
It was a great hire. Of course nobody can replace Petrino but the players wanted him and will play for him. It is a 10 month contract.

But i'm not going to lie. I've been sucking my thumb in the fetal position ever since the firing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We now have our own version of Les Miles running the ship. Fortunately for us he's only here for 10 months. Most logical fans can live with the hire since the cupboard is far from bare. It would not have mattered who we hired, outsiders would still have put a negative spin on it. Hogs will be fine as long as they bring in an offensive minded head coach next year.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
We now have our own version of Les Miles running the ship. Fortunately for us he's only here for 10 months. Most logical fans can live with the hire since the cupboard is far from bare. It would not have mattered who we hired, outsiders would still have put a negative spin on it. Hogs will be fine as long as they bring in an offensive minded head coach next year.
I don't really want to help you guys out any, but until you figure out that, at least in the SEC, offense sells tickets but defense wins championships, you are going to be stuck where you are.

Granted, 11-2 is not a bad season by any stretch, but to make that next step you have to play defense and run the football when you want to run it. Ask Steve Spurrier.

·
Registered
792 Posts

offense? seems like we got a good offensive coach on the hill already in paul petrino assuming they retain him we need a defensive coach. i.e. Kirby Smart

john l smith was a sensible hire. he'll keep the boat from going under but i dont see anything better than 9-3. Everyone forgets before petrino got fired all we were hearing was about being thin at LB, extremely thin at DB, young offensive line, and inexperienced wr's. those things dont up and change overnight.

i sure hope they somehow unite and overcome those things and prove me wrong though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts