RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have a jumper? My 11 mo jumped up on the kitchen counter at the cabin to look outside. Then jumped in the boat on the trailer. Maybe I have a possible dock jumper on my hands. :p

I think he's part cat. Very agile and uses his paws to bat things around. At least he's all business when we train.

Kevin

·
Registered
977 Posts
Me too. Our 11 month old chessie was recently "tied out" on a chain to dry off after having her turn at training day. Ground was too hard to drive in the stake, so I hooked her onto the trailer hitch of the truck. Next thing I know, she's jumped up into the truck right over the tailgate, flatfooted. She tends to jump up to eye level in the heel position just because she's excited. She jumps up to eye level when told to heel when sitting in front of me. And she never enters the water without a jump.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have one that jumps over my tailgate all the time. I made the mistake of storing bumpers there once, and now he is always looking for them. He can also stand flat footed in his kennel and jump up and hit his back on the 6 foot top

·
Registered
285 Posts
The first day Marsh was at my house, he jumped up on my counter top. Well, I wanted an agility dog... He still has a counter in the laundry room he's allowed to jump on that I use as a grooming table. I've lost him a couple of times only to find him up there, just chillin'.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 20" Lab jumps up eyeball to eyeball with me at the end of every agility run. I'm 5'8". She can do the same with my husband and he is a foot taller!

Betty Knight

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Me too. Our 11 month old chessie was recently "tied out" on a chain to dry off after having her turn at training day. Ground was too hard to drive in the stake, so I hooked her onto the trailer hitch of the truck. Next thing I know, she's jumped up into the truck right over the tailgate, flatfooted. She tends to jump up to eye level in the heel position just because she's excited. She jumps up to eye level when told to heel when sitting in front of me. And she never enters the water without a jump.

Be carefull with that. Seen one tied to trailer hitch and it jumped in back of truck and then tried to jump out over side of bed. He Bit tongue in half.
I think rope got tangeled up and almost hung himself

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 8 year old in his hayday jumped out of his 6ft pen. He also did the dockdogs stuff a few times. I was still in college and when he could no longer run as an am. for jumping over 18' in his first 2 comps I stopped running him in dockdogs. Just couldnt afford paying to run in the pro. Just picked up one of his sons last night and I can tell the apple didnt fall far from the tree. Hes gonna be a jumper too.

·
Registered
102 Posts
When my last dog was with a pro, one hot summer day they took the dogs to the pond and let everyone out to play around. 20 min later, they're loading everyone up, and Chase is nowhere to be found... Apparently after hollering they're heads off for a while trying to get him to come, they found him on top of the turck, tail wagging, but he hadn't made a sound...

His box was on the top row. Jim told me he never helped Chase into the box after that. Just opened the door and said "kennel"....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts