RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any time your dog passes a hunt test it's a GREAT WEEKEND but when your son not only passes his pup but titles on a weekend it's a very special weekend.

My son's pup Dixie completed her fourth junior pass this weekend now she's officially an AKC junior hunter. At the start of the weekend my son and I agreed that if Dixie had a strong junior pass on Saturday we would move her up to senior. After Saturdays test the judge told my son not only did his dog pass but she gave him all good reasons to use exclamation points.

Sunday morning my son and I talked, we knew Dixie had the training and I knew my son had the training, but we agreed that this was our first senior test and whatever the outcome we had already had a great weekend. Well Dixie hammered the land series and was carried over to the water. My son said he wasn't nervous until the water blind, the last test of the day and four dogs had already been lost to the blind. My son kept his cool and Dixie did her work, FIRST RUN in Senior and first pass in senior.

I write this every time but for those of us that train and run retrievers, it takes a team and my son and I are fortunate enough to have really strong team behind us. You can never thank your team enough, your pro, your friends and your family, when it all comes together it's a wonderful experience. Dog Canidae Hunting dog Field trial Sporting Group

·
Registered
720 Posts
Congrats on the title and passes!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Thats fantastic! Nice job to all!!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
We never doubted your son or his dog :) they are a good team and the future of the sport. He is a good worker for all the clubs too, waiting for the day he is old enough to start shooting for our HRC club and th eAKC clubs..

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We never doubted your son or his dog :) they are a good team and the future of the sport. He is a good worker for all the clubs too, waiting for the day he is old enough to start shooting for our HRC club and th eAKC clubs..
Thanks Kelly,

Dawson can't wait to shoot either, he likes working the events but he really wants to shoot. And if everything works out out he'll be running under you at the end of the month.

Kind regards,
A team

1 - 11 of 11 Posts