RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
It's been posted a lot ... and I watch it every time.

I love that video regards,
Arturo

·
Registered
176 Posts
Watching Carolyn & Rookie always brings a smile to my face. Carolyn used to train her Freestyle after the competitive obedience classes I taught were over ( there were other trainers at the school besides me). I remember getting so tired of hearing the music Carolyn and the other's doing freestyle would play...seemingly every night for weeks on end. Damn songs would get stuck in your mind and I kept humming them. However I could watch she & Rookie do their dances night after night and never grow tired of it.

I remember what I believe was their first demo ever at the Astroworld Series of Dog shows; watched them wow the obedience competitors during noon time of the Gaines/Pupperoni Regionals & Classics.

Rookie & Carolyn are an extra special team. He is a field bred Golden from Mercedes Hitchcock's Belvedere kennels.

Rookie and my Sneakers are both coming up on 14 yrs old. I break into tears knowing these wonderful dogs are in the twilight of their lives, tho grateful for every day I have. Friends have already lost other dogs who were our contemporaries.

Here is a link to a final tribute to Carolyn & Rookie...bring the tissue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlKTYyjDwnI

Teri Jakob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts