RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Kansas City Hunting Retriever Club will be hosting our annual hunt test at Smithville Lake on Memorial Day weekend, May 26 and 27. If you are close to the Kansas City area, come by and enjoy our tests. Also plan on staying for our banquet and raffle. We put on a great party and usually have some great prizes for the raffle. The premium will be posted soon on the HRC website and on Hunt Secretary.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, that's correct. This is how our weekend fell this year. But running in Kansas City has to be more fun than the grand...right?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot to mention that we are planning on holding two flights of Finished for the first time this year. Hope to see a lot of people there.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The test is still Memorial Day weekend. Our premium is approved and we are taking entries on Hunt Secretary. Our hunt test headquarters will be at the fire station in Trimble Missouri. Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If anyone was planning on running finished but was going to wait until the last minute to register...we are cancelling one of the finished flights. So, please register early; we will probably fill up now.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Since we're not ready for the Grand, hope to be there with a Seasoned & Finished dog - well, let's say we're doing that level of work. It will be each dog's 1st entry at those levels. :) This HT last year just happened to be the dog in my avatar's 1st Seasoned pass & crossing my fingers he's ready for your Finished test.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wish you the best of luck. Glad you'll be here. I'll be the guy running around like my head was cut off on Saturday and judging junior on Sunday.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The grass is indeed tall again this year. Unless the farmers that own the ag lease cut the hay early this year it will be tall. I did scout areas that have shorter grass and if the fields don't get planted, we might be in stubble fields that have shorter weeds/grass. It all depends on what the judges want.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts