RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received the latest issue of GRNews (the Golden Retriever Club of America's publication) & wanted to thank any of you who had a part in Kate's memorial page. I have to confess that I did know about it because Chuck ("Indiana") Wheeler told me that while he & Susan Kluesner wanted it to be a surprise-they had a feeling I'd find out! I didn't know what Kate's page would look like though and I have to say that I was a blubbering idiot when I looked at it. I know that I am preaching to the choir here and all of you have experienced the loss of that one special heart dog. To have her honored in such a way means more to me than I can ever say. She wasn't about titles to me-she was my best friend & just a "good dog".

Not looking for replies to this, but again-thank you so much.

M

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
How about a picture for those of us who have non-fuffy dogs and don't get GRNews ;)

FOM

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Lainie,

I will try and learn how to post a picture on RTF and put up the jpeg tonight when I get home. Susan did a heck of a job with the design, I thought.

Thank you for your support during the process.

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
dr_dog_guy said:
Lainie,

I will try and learn how to post a picture on RTF and put up the jpeg tonight when I get home. Susan did a heck of a job with the design, I thought.

Thank you for your support during the process.
If you send it to me again, I'll post it up, I lost my copy.

FOM

·
Registered
24 Posts
I received my GRNews yesterday and not only are the pictures terrific but the words could bring a tear to your eyes even if you don't own a fluffy dog. A great tribute to a great friend.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I'll send it to you tonight, Lainie. I have trap league right after work, but when I get home I'll send it along.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
M,

Saw the beautiful, loving tribute to Kate in the GRCA News today...sniff, sniff, sniff....just lovely! Keep her in your heart!
Hope to see you and Finn out there soon.

Diane

·
Registered
258 Posts
I am sure it has brought back many tears to your eyes Miriam, but
as there are tears of sadness for her loss, tears of happiness recalling all the wonderful times you had together are the most precious of all.

Forever live Kate's memory.

·
Registered
9,442 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Oh my goodness. How absolutely beautiful.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
That's beautiful...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I had the honor of handling her in a HRC test. I think I threw 2 or 3 bumpers for her the morning of the test and she ran pretty well for me...
A very nice tribute to a special dog. Jim

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
What a wonderful tribute to Miriam and Kate

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Lainie, I have to echo thanks for posting "Kate"s" beautiful tribute...

My GRCA News came two days ago... Susan, your design for "Kate's" page is just perfect...it is no wonder that "M" is so very touched.

She will have this particular News, that many of her friends organized..thanks to Chuck, and that many more will certainly appreciate and be touched by, to hold on to forever..

Judy

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jerry said:
I had the pleasure of judging her once.

Jerry
And I picked her up on the very last bird of a NFRA Master. I said, "I know she didn't see that bird (the dog was 12 I'm surprised at what she could see) and I'm not handling her. This is a marking test". I know if they had a dumb handler ribbon you would have given it to me! I'm glad that you got to meet her Jerry! Dale-that's when you met her too.

She did do a great job that weekend & got a Master pass under Justin Tackett. I remember looking at Yella & thinking-this guy isn't gonna like my dog, but he was a gentleman & complimentary of Kate. He had this one long -140 yards-cheaty water mark that I was so proud of Kate on because it was the longest she ever was asked to swim & she knew where the bird was & took a great line out & back. She had Queen Mary entries, but she was honest.

When Jim Person handled her in that HRC Finished (Kate had 5 HRC Finished passes) she did a great job for him. The very last bird was the land blind. I was off judging a Started test, so didn't get to see, but...
..Jim sent her on "Back" and she just looked up at him as if to say-"Hey Bud-I've picked up 8 birds for you today. That's it you're on your own" from what everyone has said, Jim had this absolutely stunned, jaw dropped look & everyone just burst out laughing. I would rather have that story as a memory of Kate than any ribbon.

Susan Wright ran her in HRC Finished once too (other than those 2 tests Kate always ran for me) & went to send her on her name. Paul Stuart was judging & I don't remember, but I think I may have written instructions on how to handle her :roll: , but Paul said to Susan, "I think Miriam says-Kate! Fetch it up" Susan broke up laughing, but sent her & she went! :)

Anyway-this is the week of the National Am where dogs that have far exceeded Kate in terms of accomplishments are strutting there stuff. Kate wasn't one of those, but she was a good hunt test dog and a great dog to live with. Thanks again everyone-

M

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Gorgeous!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts