RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size do you recommend? How much walkway outside the kennel?

I am thinking a 4'x8' or 10' run with a 4'x4' area inside the shed. I am also planning on pouring about a two foot walkway out front, and maybe 6 in on the sides.

·
Registered
46 Posts
having a square one 8x8 with a 3x4 house in one corner i wish i had a longer one. A square one never seems to give them a great distance from their relieving area to their food area. I am moving this summer and was just thinking about this process.

I will be building a long by narrow kennel 15-20'x4' with the house outside the kennel. Also if I can I will make his house in the garage so that he gains the protection from it. This gives him plenty of room to run and relieve himself as I do shift work and sometimes I am unable to come home for 12-15 hours. Also I will be covering half of the run with a roof and the other half will be open so that he can sit in the sun, or snow, if he wants.

I will note that I am a rookie as well so if someone had a idea you like better go for it.

Lee

·
Registered
390 Posts
My new one is going to be 12X18 outside and approx 6X8 inside for 3-4 dogs

·
Registered
122 Posts
club I hunt in TX has 5x30. my dogs seem to love it when i am down there. I am building a house now and the new runs will be longer, based on what i liked in TX. probably 5X15 or 20. All the dogs tend to dump out on the far end away from their bedding/shelter.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
club I hunt in TX has 5x30. my dogs seem to love it when i am down there. I am building a house now and the new runs will be longer, based on what i liked in TX. probably 5X15 or 20. All the dogs tend to dump out on the far end away from their bedding/shelter.
If you're building multiple runs that can be a time killer. You'd have to enter each run every time to wash it out. Just a thought.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts