RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a certain silencer anybody has tried and had good success with? This is for an outdoor kennel with 5-10 dogs.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Cattle prod. We also run 24/7 music so they don't hear sounds that get them woofing.
Really???

(This is a genuine "really" at this point.)

Beyond my thoughts of, "gosh, isn't a wiffle bat banging on the kennel cheaper," and so on...

I guess I just don't have the... agility? physical strength? .... to even begin to imagine how to make that work effectively. Close the in/out door, open the kennel door, corner the collarless dog, keep the dog from bolting, cattle prod.... Can't picture it.

Whatever works. I guess. But I guess I don't have to worry about it and it's none of my business. I'm naive, and it's better that way.

Carry on.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had a water silencer worked great on 15 beagles. If they barked it would set off sprinkler heads for the length of time you set it. Before that The other thing was keep hose on and spray the offender but then you had to get up at 2 am. after about 24 hrs they never made a peep in the Kennel.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
If the kennels are outside put up a privacy fence so the dogs can't see anything going on like you coming and going out of the house and use a radio so they can't really distinguish other noises like cars starting and coming and going.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
bark collars?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yeh I've been using bark collars, was just looking into something where they didn't have to wear them every night.
Go to the "nite lite" web site. They have a speaker system that is used for **** dogs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts