RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
2,089 Posts
Man, those look nice Keith. Let me know how much of that pea gravel ends up in the kennels every day though. If its not an issue, I may do that to mine.

· Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

In response to several PMs concerning the kennel setup I copied one of my responses for those who may have similar questions.

Thanks for the feedback and comments.

The kennels are manufactured by Options Plus Kennels:

www.optionspluskennels.com

Mine are the Ultra Series.

At the present I have 10 runs in this section (I have 12 runs elsewhere).

With concrete the cost of the kennels (without the barn structure which is much larger) was 7500.00.

The concrete is sealed...thus the bluish color.

I have a very large airing yard (you can see some of the dogs at the gate) which has an auto-refilling 50 gallon water tank with a drain system that leads to my pattern blind field training ditch. The water for the kennels is fed overhead and I have hose stations on either end. I replace water daily so I do not use waterers in the kennels (SS bowls). I may in the future install watering spouts (the licker type) but for now I like to monitor how much the dogs are drinking so I keep the water bowls filled myself.

My new duck pen has the same type 50 gallon capacity auto watering system with drainage and a large capacity corn bin. The ducks are virtually no-maintenance.

Thanks for the comments.

KF

· Registered
987 Posts
Very nice Keith -- I like your layout -- Baypoint Kennels have a great layout too -- yours reminds of theirs

· Registered
606 Posts
kennels

Hi, love your kennels, and you have a wonderful website. I have been for an idea for a permanent duck pen. I have to show my husband tonight when he gets home from work. He will be thrilled,lol., I have something new for him to do!! It might have to wait till beaver trapping season is over though. But I do know what he can do with the money he gets from the pelts :lol: maria

· Registered
8,909 Posts
Re: kennels

dreamer2385 said:
It might have to wait till beaver trapping season is over though. But I do know what he can do with the money he gets from the pelts :lol: maria
Stop /paul, stop....

/Paul

ah crud, everybody knows I can't stop...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.