RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have two Golden Retrievers and somehow they manage to undo the chain link fencing and It has gotten to where it is irreparable. SO what kind of kennels do you guys use? Have you built your own? What works best for you guys? I swear I have Houdini in the form of dogs.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Good luck as once they figure out they can get out it’s tougher. I use chain link

used to be I wouldn’t keep a bird dog that couldn’t climb or get Over/ though the fence.
times have changed

·
Registered
169 Posts
Priefert, hands down.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
30 years ago I bought Mason kennels that were a few years old - I'm not sure how many, maybe 10. They're almost like the day I bought them and have outlived many Labs. They are very good kennels.

The only "problem" I ever had is that one of my daughter's pit bulls could climb out over the top (when she came to visit).

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Still to be painted, a hybrid of a commercial kennel with a DIY add-on ... a tack room at the back for "stuff" and a second hand freezer for green tripe. Three kennel boxes with two dogs in each. Nothing ever got out, but hedgehogs could and did get in.

As an afterthought I placed a flexible curtain round the open structure to keep wind blown snow out.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
What gauge is your chain link? If you bought it at a big box or other store chain, it's probably 11 gauge or thinner. A dog can tear that up. All of my kennels are 9 gauge. Some are almost 50 years old and other than a little surface rust on some, they are as good as the day I bought them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My kennels are 9 ga fencing and have galvanized walls between the runs for cRoss contamination. They are 3 4 x10 runs and 1 7x10 run. All are 6’ high.
3 runs are 5 x5 inside runs, 6’ high. 1 run is 4x3 with iso wall.
all dis assembled and ready to pick up. $9000.00 kennels for $3000.00 in excellent shape
[email protected] 9363557752

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My kennels are 9 ga fencing and have galvanized walls between the runs for cRoss contamination. They are 3 4 x10 runs and 1 7x10 run. All are 6’ high.
3 runs are 5 x5 inside runs, 6’ high. 1 run is 4x3 with iso wall.
all dis assembled and ready to pick up. $9000.00 kennels for $3000.00 in excellent shape
[email protected] 9363557752
I sent you an email!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What gauge is your chain link? If you bought it at a big box or other store chain, it's probably 11 gauge or thinner. A dog can tear that up. All of my kennels are 9 gauge. Some are almost 50 years old and other than a little surface rust on some, they are as good as the day I bought them.
I believe it is 11 gauge..... I got them from tractor supply, didnt know there was a difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still to be painted, a hybrid of a commercial kennel with a DIY add-on ... a tack room at the back for "stuff" and a second hand freezer for green tripe. Three kennel boxes with two dogs in each. Nothing ever got out, but hedgehogs could and did get in.

As an afterthought I placed a flexible curtain round the open structure to keep wind blown snow out.

What name brand are your kennel panels or where did you get them?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I believe it is 11 gauge..... I got them from tractor supply, didnt know there was a difference.
If you got them from TSC, they are 11 gauge. 9 gauge is strong. Once, many years ago, I used one of the 4'x6' panels as a drag harrow. 😂 It was fine after. I still use it in one of my kennels.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts