RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ll be there for 6 weeks over summer and want to continue training.

I know of a couple places for drill work and a couple ponds I can work but wanted to see if anyone knew of a place to obtain live birds to throw?

also if there are any training grounds nearby it’s always nice to have options.

pup just turned 1 and I get her back from the Trainor next month which she’ll just be through force fetch so we’ll be doing a lot of yard work.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Northwest Game Birds

17448 Oasis Rd, Caldwell, ID 83607

(208) 454-8282

·
Registered
105 Posts
I’ll be there for 6 weeks over summer and want to continue training.

I know of a couple places for drill work and a couple ponds I can work but wanted to see if anyone knew of a place to obtain live birds to throw?

also if there are any training grounds nearby it’s always nice to have options.

pup just turned 1 and I get her back from the Trainor next month which she’ll just be through force fetch so we’ll be doing a lot of yard work.

Thanks in advance!
Hey, I'm just south in Jerome, if you want to train with another person let me know, I can come up there on weekends, I have a pup working on basics and one training for senior. Be careful as summer progresses, some places could get toxic algae, Mormon Reservoir over at Fairfield has had it before.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Yeah dry land is not the problem as there is endless grounds. I’ve got a few spots I know will work well with good water near/in town (water off the wood and warm springs) but figure I’d try at times with no other people/dogs. I really wanted to see if there were any grounds I could pay for access that way I wouldn’t have to work around other dogs/people/etc to keep the training focused. Seems like anytime you are out training to a higher level in public people always want to come up and ask questions and see if the dogs can play together. I hate that.

i think I found a decent swim by pond too so we’ll see how that works out.

allaroundlab, that would be great as I’d love to get some honoring work. Hoping to be able to fit the wingers in the SUV with all the kids and the dog! Going to pack it down. Be great to get some birds and get the dogs together! Let’s connect in a few months and sounds like our young pups are at a similar stage.

good to know on the algae... one pond I was going to use for Mark’s can definitely get some algae buts it’s a spring feed pond in a housing Developement. Wonder if it’s okay? Hell I’ve been in it fishing! Ha!.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks! Yeah dry land is not the problem as there is endless grounds. I’ve got a few spots I know will work well with good water near/in town (water off the wood and warm springs) but figure I’d try at times with no other people/dogs. I really wanted to see if there were any grounds I could pay for access that way I wouldn’t have to work around other dogs/people/etc to keep the training focused. Seems like anytime you are out training to a higher level in public people always want to come up and ask questions and see if the dogs can play together. I hate that.

i think I found a decent swim by pond too so we’ll see how that works out.

allaroundlab, that would be great as I’d love to get some honoring work. Hoping to be able to fit the wingers in the SUV with all the kids and the dog! Going to pack it down. Be great to get some birds and get the dogs together! Let’s connect in a few months and sounds like our young pups are at a similar stage.

good to know on the algae... one pond I was going to use for Mark’s can definitely get some algae buts it’s a spring feed pond in a housing Developement. Wonder if it’s okay? Hell I’ve been in it fishing! Ha!.
My email is [email protected] so you can let me know when you get up there. I have wingers, bumper boy launchers. Never found anyone in the Magic or Wood River valley willing to allow me to use their ponds, as a paying visitor or otherwise. If you can make it down to Hagerman WMA at an unusual time so their aren't so many people fishing there are some spring fed ponds and creek that won't get toxic algae that can be used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts