RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a Very heavy Heart, I am sorry to write this.

I received a call from Sharon that Larry passed away this morning at his home with his family by his side.

Do not have details as of now. Please keep the family in your prayers.

Glenda & Dave

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this!! Larry and his family are very good people!!

Angie

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
So very very sorry.
He was the best.
Prayers sent from Clintonville.
Sue

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Larry was one of the nice guys. He always had a smile and good word for you. He and Sharon were always so kind and giving to us. This is very hard news to recieve and Sheila and I will be keeping Larry in our hearts and the family in our thoughts

Kiley,Beau and Kenley, your Dad was a wonderful man and Sheila and I are proud to have known him and called him out friend.

With deepest sympathy

Chuck and Sheila

·
Registered
226 Posts
Very sad to hear. Larry et al always took care of the Alabama clubs big time. A big part of the retriever community. Prayers to the family

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Very sad to hear. Larry et al always took care of the Alabama clubs big time. A big part of the retriever community. Prayers to the family
I think Larry took care of all the clubs. He was a hard workers. Prayers for his family. He will be missed.

·
Registered
590 Posts
All the buettner 's are very good friends of ours they are all great people
Very sorry for all of the family, Larry will be missed prayers for all of the family
With all our love
David & Bessie Jansma

·
Registered
24 Posts
I first met Larry at one of the Mobile trials some 10+ years ago back when the trial was actually in the Mobile area. He would actually stick around and shoot for the club and on several occasions, I had the priviledge and honor of shooting with him.

Sometimes shooting at field trials drags on forever, but never with Larry. He always kept me entertained with talks on family, religion, politics, and especially his love of the outdoors and hunting. Larry was a very intelligent man, but humble.

Proverbs tells us that the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Larry was a wise man. No doubt Larry is with Him today.

Butch

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Larry Lee Buettner
Larry Lee Buettner, age 66, of Webb, Iowa died March 25, 2012 at his home in Webb. Memorial services will be held Friday, March 30, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. at First English Lutheran Church in Spencer, Iowa. Visitation will take place Thursday, March 29, 2012 from 5-8:00 p.m. at the Sliefert-Smith Funeral Home in Webb. Interment will be at a later date. The Sliefert-Smith Funeral Home in Webb is in charge of the arrangements.

·
Registered
102 Posts
On behalf of all the Buettner family, I would like to thank everyone for all the thoughts, prayers, emails, txts, and calls on Dad the last few months. The Retriever Communtity was a huge part of his life and it is a comfort to know all the people who were touched by him on this earth.

We all will miss him very much but it is also time for celebration in that he is now with God. He is very strong in his faith and remained in good spirits in his last hrs on earth - still cracking jokes and telling stories! We also take comfort that he was able to leave this earth the same way he lived his life - on his own terms - at home at the farm he loved surrounded by his family.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
So sorry for the loss of Larry, thoughts and prayers with the family and friends.

The Homburg's

·
Registered
102 Posts
i had the good fortune to meet larry back in the mid 80's and got to know him very well after spending time with him at a flyer station on numerous occasions and over the past 10 years hunting with him and his 2 sons kenley and kiley. He raised his boys the right way.
he epitomized the classic mid-westerner--never met a strange and always had a good word to say and a hard worker
he will be missed by his family, the field trial community and by his friends
rest in peace my friend

mike crow

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How many of you knew that Larry had written a book? A few years ago I found a copy online & purchased it, had Larry sign it & I am sorry to admit that I never read it. I will read it now & cherish my copy.
ARMAGEDDON SUNRISE
Glenda

·
Registered
16 Posts
This makes me very sad!!!!!! Buettners have been very gracious over the years to allow the members of the NW Ia Retriever club to train on there ground. I have had so many good memories there. From my first dog that I have ever taken to an advanced level doing well at the club trials to a dog that I had later winning the derby there at the licensed trial. I would like to thank Larry and the Buettner family for everything that they have done for the Retriever world!!!!!!! I will keep the Buettner family in my prayers!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts