RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
tri tronics RL because you can launch two items from a single receiver. Two wingers side by side can be run from a single receiver. The new ones have the duck sound also, which was the big advantage the Dogtra had.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I think that you will soon find that people have had more problems with the TT than ther Dogtra. My money would be spent on Dogtra long before TT for remote releases, but TT for e-collar for sure!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Misty Marsh Labradors said:
I think that you will soon find that people have had more problems with the TT than ther Dogtra. My money would be spent on Dogtra long before TT for remote releases, but TT for e-collar for sure!
That's interesting. I have seen just the opposite. Especially when the dogtras are not attached to the winger, but are sitting on the ground.

·
Registered
95 Posts
dogtra or TT

My Dogtra remotes are attached to my Gunner's up wingers, ther is a plate on the side for Dogtra or TT to mount onto the winger. I like my Dogtra's no problem's yet love the duck sound.
Dan

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I've been running TT for 3 years now and have had no problems. They are electronics and are therefore not bullet proof so you have to take come reasonable care of them. But no complaints and if you can afford all the wingers it can run, then you should be hiring birdboys.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Both are great, I have no problems with my Dogtra's. I train with three others who all have the Dogtra's and none of them have had issues either. Funny thing is all of us use the TT collars too.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I use TT collars but have Dogtra electronics on my Gunners Up SOG winger. No problems with the Dogtra.......... other than cost. :lol:

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
To add remotes to the system do you still need to send the Dogtra system back to the factory to have the new receiver added?

With our Pro Controls you just program the new receiver to the transmitter with two button pushes. It's fast and easy. When a couple of us get together we program all the receivers we are using to one transmitter so we don't have to use different transmitters on the line.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Howard I believe that the Dogtras are programmed to the transmitter as your said, which is kind of inconvienent compared to the TT. I've also been at a trial where the TT's have failed, and had problems with that programming feature also. I guess if your in a situation like your and are present the TT are more flexable, but the Dogtras just seem to be more reliable for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts