RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
There is nuthin like crappie fried in Lard! :) a side plate of taters too..

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Those are really nice size crappie..

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Spring is very close, though only 18 above today. They forecast near 50 Wednesday and Thursday. The trees will wake up!
View attachment 85993
After all the freezing weather we had a couple of weeks ago, a couple of days ago we were almost 90.

Summer is not far away. We tend to sort of skip over spring.

Fishing is likely going to be pretty bad round here for quite a while as the freeze killed thousands and thousands of fish in our bays.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
not much snow on this side of divide.... just a trace Gone this afternoon

Just south of us in Telluride, they got good snow

Reactions: Kenneth Niles Bora

·
Registered
621 Posts
Up North in Ft Collins we received 27 inches, not too fun for training.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Up North in Ft Collins we received 27 inches, not too fun for training.
I had no less than 16 plus inches on the truck and no where to put it. Tried to plow with the ATV and got it stuck had to dig it out and gave up. Dug a path to the wood pile, just to find the wood pile. My neighbor has an old international, he calls it bucky, with a blade. I'm guessing we will see him in our driveway sometime today or tomorrow. I've given up. To deep, too heavy, too much, too old.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Looked at the weather forecast this morning and decided to do some yardwork with Gigi. Green
grass, cloudy and windy with snow in the forecast. In the early afternoon, this was what it looked
like out of the kitchen window into the front yard. (n)

note: Compared to others, I probably should not complain. :cool:

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
I cant say how much I truely do mis both OldOld school,,and John Montycrispo.!!

I had to go to grand junction today and get my stiches out!! I took these on the way home, after prusing the Pawn shops, gun stores, Walmarts..and Ace for canning lids, 870 wingmasters, ammo,,and doughnuts..

These pics were taken at the confluence of the Gunnison River , and the Uncompahgre river, just west of Delta Colorado.. I was scouting for runs and holes to dead drift nymphs in front of hungryt trout, before it gets to warm and muddys up these two streams..

A LOT of history at this landmark!

"Fur trader Antoine Robidoux established Fort Uncompahgre in 1828, at the confluence of the Uncompahgre and Gunnison Rivers near the present town of Delta, Colorado. In 1844, Utes attacked the fort killing the inhabitants, who were mostly men from Mexico hired to watch over the furs and other traded goods. "

Parts of the fort is still standing in the commemoritive park.. neat old log buildings and corrals.. the "Park" is pretty good size.. if you hike a bit ,along the Gunnison River bank, you wind your way through thick Tammarack, with good sign still ,,of large Beaver , that have knawed on trees... It was fun to imagine what the country must have been like in early 1800;s.. I bet not too long ago,, this area was a prime waterfowl hunting spot.. large wetland..

Lots of history here. Fur trappers, Old criminal cowboys, famous smelly Hollywood cowboy actors,, John wayne, Glen Ford, and the still remakable Ute indians..

Bridge ove Uncompahgre river.. Reminded me of Indiana Jones!

Pic after I crawled on my hands and knees screamin like a little gir...never mind..

Confluence of rivers Lookin directly downstream of Uncompahgre to where you see the Gunnison in distance entering from the right (east)

This pic,standing on south bank of Uncompahgre looking straightupstream of the gunnison flowing into the Uncompaghre.. There is still a Boat take out, that I bet is a historicle stopping point..

Beautifulday here today! crisp clean air ,after a dusting of snow last night.. Gone by noon!

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
It wont be much longer, and the snow will begin to melt up high,,and blow both rivers up,making them unfishable... But from now till then,, FUN CAN BE HAD!

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
It wont be much longer, and the snow will begin to melt up high,,and blow both rivers up,making them unfishable... But from now till then,, FUN CAN BE HAD!
How long will they be blown out in an average year?
Traveling west this year; Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North and South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, and California. I will have time for some walleye and Northern fishing along the way. Having read the Stories of the Old Duck Hunters series by Gordon McQuarrie, a day on the Brule river is a must! Also have a week planned for the San Juan River in early October.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts